GUN Coach gun vs lever shotgun for home defence?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 7lvis, Dec 9, 2007.

1. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

Are lever shotguns as reliable as pump shotguns. They are less restricted than pumps where i live.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

ugh, can we get a ban already?

3. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Remington 870 FTW.

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I my experience, lever guns are very reliable.

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

both of them use a mechanical action initiated by the shooter. They are both very reliable, as are bolt actions.

Seriously though, shut the fuck up and just browse for awhile, and stop with all these bullshit threads.

6. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

What about the length?

The size of a coach is about 30 inch in total and the size of lever might be 38 inch

7. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Are you guys down there allowed to defend your home? I would think a SXS coach gun would be almost bomb proof.

8. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

If i padlock my gates, have a big dog, barricade my doors and windows, and am cleaning my gun and doing a stocktake on ammo and the police dont arrive before the bad guy gets to me, MAYBE. Id be concerned if you were that well protectored that if the police come in not the bad guy and they bust in to the room with you pointing a gun they might shoot you.

You can use them for self defence in such a situation I think legally but you will be dragged through court with big legal bills.

But you cant own a gun for home defence you have to say sport or hunting purposes. It's like a Maglite you cant own it for protection you own it as a torch and if it happens to be handy nearby.

You can use a baseball bat I think if you stop hitting as soon as he drops. If you hit him while he is on the ground you will get in trouble or they will try to drag you through court.

Retards dont understand that if he is big and on drugs you might not stop him with anything except a gun.

9. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

No matter what gun you choose, it won't matter if you aren't legally allowed to defend yourself. Just face it, your country would rather come collect your body than the bad guy's. Not all of us can live in a free state.

And WTF, maglites are restricted there? I would look into moving asap.

10. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

the reliability of the gun can vary greatly depending on who manufactures it or how well it has been maintained if it is used.

But seriously, you need to stop asking loads of non-specific question and even non-forum related questions and sit back and read for a bit.

11. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

wrong... our laws are not "fair" but i suggest you at least know them

12. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

correct me

13. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

It was an analogy. You can own anything here as long as it's not for self defence. You can own a big maglite for a torch but you cant own it specifically for self defence.

14. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

reliability is tested by peering down the muzzle when the gun is loaded. You must check for light getting past the shell which would indicate sloppy build quality. Try it out sometime