CNS Stims & Working out?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Pen Is Mightier, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obviously there is caffeine and ephedrine, has anyone tried working out while on adderall? Did it do anything for you? How is ephedrine in comparison to caffeine? I take ~250mg of caffeine on a daily basis pre-workout and couldn't see myself lifting without it. Is my heart going to be broken before I turn 30?

2. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

How do you feel when you don't use caffeine before a workout? How about in general?

3. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Why the fuck would you work out on adderall? If you're prescribed adderall the doctor will check your blood pressure every month just to see if it's too high when you're SEDENTARY, much less lifting weights.

4. thebeave

thebeave New Member

I don't really know how to make that more clear... if you have an adderall prescription your doctor will typically test your blood pressure monthly to make sure it isn't going too high (because of the medication). This isn't because they want to make sure it's safe to go deadlift a schoolbus on adderall, it's because the shit can potentially be bad for your heart even under sedentary conditions.

XRs typically last 8 hours depending on diet, activity level, and body mass and are less "intense" than the instant release tabs. I'm not a doctor so I can only go off of personal experience but I wouldn't recommend taking either if you're going to be running, lifting, or otherwise.

5. I'm not as motivated when I'm not taking the caffeine/NO. I'm not as "into it" and wanting to squeeze out the last few reps and don't have as much of a rush. :dunno: If I drink the supplement quick on an empty stomach I feel it pretty good and almost get a euphoric type "high" from it for 10-15 minutes. :dunno:

No one else takes these (pre-workout drinks)...I thought like everyone did, at least on here. I take NO Shotgun currently. :dunno:

I'm taking adderall right now and doing a ton of homework but yeah it does kill your appetite. I had breakfast and then a small meal around dinner time and just wasn't hungry at all. I've been taking them since like 1PM. :dunno:

Oh and I actually have fairly low blood pressure. I got it checked yesterday actually as I've been going to the hospital a lot recently and they said it was exceptionally good. I'll see what it is next time I go in.

6. thebeave

thebeave New Member

How would it not be affected by body mass? Someone who is bigger will have more blood and the amphetamine will thus be more diluted in the blood stream. I may be wrong but that only makes sense...

Adderall isn't exactly the safest shit... it's an amphetamine, it's speed.

7. Nah I made some really good food and took some bites and it didn't even taste good, normally I scarf my food down in a few minutes. It for sure kills appetite, at least for me, which is why I try to not take them too often.

8. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Food tastes like shit to me after taking it. I've only taken the IR so I can't speak for the XR but there's at least a 3-4 window after taking it that I can't force myself to eat, then when it wears off I am hungrier than a motherfucker so it's still pretty easy to hit 4-5k cals for the day.

9. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

I'll look around and see if I can dig any info up for you.

10. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Re-read that, I am talking about adderall. How would body mass not affect adderall dosing?

11. My doc? :hsugh:

I took a 25mg around noon, another around 6PM and I just took another at 10:30PM or so. :hs: Meth addict today.

12. KetchupKing

KetchupKing New Member

I can't stand working out on caffine. Gives me only a bit more energy at first, but then the rest of the workout is shit once I crash down. It feels like "empty" energy if that makes sense.

13. It keeps me fried until I'm done working out. :dunno: It might make me a little spaced out between sets but that's about it.

14. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Youve never used no-explode or basically any other preworkout supplement? Never drank a cup of coffee or a mountain dew sometime before the gym? really?

15. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Thermorexin is the shit, or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm on page 19 of a research paper and still have a shitload of work left to do and I'm running on about 3 T-Rex at the moment.

I sometimes get an adderall-like feeling from it.

make that 23 pages and I think the trex is starting to wear off

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  16. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Drink your coffee/whatever as you're walking in to the gym. There's no way you can "crash" in the 1 hour it takes to work out.

17. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Bro he took the best supplement out there. amirite?

18. evh

evh Active Member

Actually, I have worked out on adderall, thinking it would increase my performance.

Couple things I noticed...

I perspired like a MOTHERFUCKER. I did a normal workout and came out of the gym absolutely DRENCHED. Sweat EVERYWHERE. Middel of my chest, running down my pack, pit stains the size of fucking guam, etc. etc. I've never sweated that much in my life.

Strength was relatively the same, although I had more mental power/drive to want to get whatever weight up.

I had no appetite (obviously) afterwards. That's the worst part imo.

All in all, I absolutely love adderall but it's not something I like mixing with the gym.

19. Fuck adderall. Huge stomach pains probably from not eating shit and I'm still not hungry really. I had some fun, had some interesting conversations with some mofos at like 4AM, and finally learned wtf was going on in my Math course so that's good. Gonna pass the fuck out now though probably.

20. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

Same here. Bad for you.
    Plus I can't stand the taste of coffee flavored anything.
    Everything I;ve found on pubmed is related to kids and cardiomyopathy. Nothing was really conclusive or useful. Just watch your appetite, and make sure you stay hydrated. Also, depending on your dosage, watch your blood pressure. If you're pushing mad weight overhead and you start getting real dizzy, take a break for a sec. It may or may not be a problem for you though, just something I know from a couple guys who took ephedra during training. They did it to lose water weight, however, so I'm guessing they were taking a higher dosage of that than you are of adderall.

21. So what's the difference between taking caffeine or ephedrine before working out? Ephedrine sounds a lot more "hardcore". :noes:

22. Fattiefalldown

Fattiefalldown t(-.-t)

Stronger dose response. You'll see a more elevated HR and BP, while also seeing a greater CNS stimulation (the jitters.) Athletes have had cardiac episodes because of using too much, especially when dropping weight or dehydrating.

23. Meh, do not want. Caffeine is enough to get me perked up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.