CN Tower Climb

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by luckyinfil, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckyinfil

luckyinfil OT Supporter

:wavey: Guys!

I just signed up for the CN Tower climb with a bunch of guys here at work and I feel like this is the biggest mistake of my life. The CN tower is 144 flights of stairs and it is happening in 11 days. What kind of stuff should I do to prepare for it so I don't hurt myself? I have access to a gym that has a stepmill, so I was thinking of doing that and trying to do 144 floors on that for the 11 days. I don't normally work out, but I do some cardio (elliptical) occasionally.

2. Ish

Ish New Member

go to a stadium. run all the stairs

3. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

IMO, just do a lot of cardio ever the next week, stepmill will work great. Take 2 days off before your stair climb.

You get some adaptations like increase in heart stroke volume extremely quickly, and your legs will build up enough in a week that you should perform much better than if you are completely untrained.

4. -wasabi-

-wasabi- OT Supporter

I haven't gotten around to doing it yet (I keep missing registration each year..) but from what I hear, its best to go as early as possible.

As the day goes on and as early as an hour in, the BO smell is enough to make you yak before even starting up the stairs

There are medics every few flights as well

G'luck.

5. luckyinfil

luckyinfil OT Supporter

I was not planning on this climb as well, but just signed up last minute. I will definitely try to go earlier as i didn't know that the BO builds up.

6. -wasabi-

-wasabi- OT Supporter

I think it starts at around 6 in the morning? I'm not sure how they work the crowds either; i'm assuming the earlier you go the less pushing and shoving you have to do while heading up.

Just as a reference, my cousin (average guy, not much exercise) did it in 35min. My g/f (marathon runner, pretty decent shape) did it in 16min.

I'm not sure what you can do to prepare in such a short period of time though.

7. iCEgECKO

iCEgECKO Ballin' at 5'2''

Running with TD?

8. luckyinfil

luckyinfil OT Supporter

Nope, my company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.