Clueless about guys

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Camelot, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Camelot

Camelot New Member

I'm sure if this happened to someone else, I'd know what would need to be done but it's happening to me so obviously, I have no idea how to deal with this. Maybe you guys can give me some advice here. There is a guy at work I really like and I am pretty sure he is interested in me as well because he's told a fellow coworker that. We work in different departments so we don't really have the opportunity for conversation but I do see him in passing almost every day. Today I was able to run an errand by his department and ended up talking to him for about half an hour (wooo:bowdown:). Unfortunately, because I turn into an idiot when I am around someone I like, I ended up not saying some things the way I would have liked to say them. He asked me what do I usually do after work to which I didn't know what to say because really, what do you say to that, do you start enumerating the things that you do or what, so I just answered with some stupid vague answer I can't even remember because I was so flustered. He ended up asking me that again towards the end of the conversation and I basically said 'whatever comes my way that I like to do' :wtc:. So now I feel like a boring loser, wondering if perhaps he was trying to figure out what I do so he could ask me out and I blew it. I'm 22 years old and I don't have a lot of experience with guys, so maybe you all could shed some light here. Do you think he may have been on his way to asking me out and do you have any tips on how I could better convince him to do so? Babygirl needs a man, this man preferably, help me out here.

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

buy tickets to a local sporting event, ask him 2 go. get laid

if he doesnt like sports, hes prolly gay anyway. so even if he doesnt like you he will go with you

3. TinTin

TinTin Guest

What could you pick up from his body language, facial expressions, etc.? Don't be too hard on yourself. The more you doubt yourself, the more it shows, and guys pick up on that.

4. Camelot

Camelot New Member

This made me laugh. Thanks yuppy, but am I expecting too much if I want for him to make the first move?:greddy:

5. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Or just invite him out to anything after work. Hell coffee would work fine. Anything where you can relax a little more and less flustered.

Sounds like this guy will be making a thread here later asking about what he did wrong to get the girl he likes at work.

6. TinTin

TinTin Guest

7. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You have to help a little, like if you weren't doing anything after work you should have said "I don't know what I'm doing tonight, but was thinking I did want to get out.."

If you were so flustered when he asked you it could probably easily be interpreted by him that you were trying to avoid him asking you to do something.

8. Camelot

Camelot New Member

I am very sure he likes me, definitely. I'm just over here wondering if I should try to create more opportunities to be around him to see if he asks me out or if I should just wait it out and let him try to come to me? Part of me would like to see him come to me since he's the guy.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: He was definitely trying to get some sort of read on what kind of person you were and probably hoping you'd say something along the lines that you like to sometimes hit a restuarant/bar, whatever for a drink....that way he could invite you.

Next time (assuming there will be a next time) you ask him out. Next time you take the initiative and say "hey, what're you doing after work? Want to go get a drink _____." He will flip out. Men love it when girls ask them out. It's easy considering he has a crush on you, will say yes and you can just relax and drink a little while getting to know him. I know you will say "I'm shy," and of course that's a good excuse....but if you wait around from him you'll just get more nervous waiting. Step up, men love confidence.

10. Camelot

Camelot New Member

D'OH that would have been so perfect, why didn't I think of it!!:( . I didn't even consider the possibility that he would use that to ask me out, my first thought was that he was trying to figure out what...I do in my free time. i sure hope he likes me enough to give me another try!!

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

If you want him to make the first move, you have to give him the opening. If you don't give him an opening he won't make a move.

12. Camelot

Camelot New Member

Well, here is the dilemma: later in the conversation he did ask me if I go to bars and I said I don't drink and he said he doesn't either. I wonder what he would have done if my answer would have been that yes I go out to bars. OK, next time I talk to him, if I a miracle occurs and we do talk again and he asks me that I'll just tell him I eat out a lot and see what that does. Why can't he just ask me out without beating around the bush??

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Because you didn't give him an opening.

14. Camelot

Camelot New Member

Yeah, I definitely screwed this one up royally. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid nerves:wtc:

Anyways, thanks guys!

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Why do you have to wait for him to ask you? I want a good explanation too.

None of this:
    "So I really know he likes me" or
    "Because men are supposed to be the one's who ask"
    because that's total bullshit

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I wish more women shared this view.

17. Camelot

Camelot New Member

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Also, if I do ask him out first, will he think I'm easy?:noes:

18. iwishyouwerebeer

Umm no, not that he would even care. Men don't really think like that. Ask any of the guys in this forum. If you sleep with him on the first date he might think you're easy, but again, chances are he wouldn't care-he's a man.

MEN OF THE VAG: Would you be attracted if a woman you had a thing for asked you out?

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

awwww :rofl:

he sounds like he's trying to come up with a pretext to invite you out (bar.. what you do after work..), as is culturally acceptable for this sorta stuff.

when he asked what you did after work, he wasn't asking because he wanted to be impressed (i.e., "i DJ"), he was asking because he wanted to hang out.

all you have to do is show some interest. let's say 4 to 5 times as much as you've shown

20. Camelot

Camelot New Member

I'm doing this :madfawk: in my head and it's directed toward myself. Now I'm wondering if he really did take that vague answer as proof that I am not interested. Smart guys try again, right, RIGHT?

21. Camelot

Camelot New Member

Yeah, vag men, would you and even if you would be attracted would you still prefer for you to make the first move a little bit more than her doing it herself?

22. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

I'd be blown away! I would be smiling ear to ear...then respond with a yes.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

You can't beat yourself up so much, it's really not a big deal. Try to make an excuse to get into his department again. "Oh, I wanted to use your copier" :rofl: Then go talk to him.

24. DvBoard

DvBoard New Member

What's the downside?

Hell even if i didn't know her, unless she comes off as having some kinda "i want to slit your throat" intentions i don't see what's the worst that could happen?

25. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

ya hot is hot. if the girls cute, fun, interesting, whatever.... at least this way i know shes interested already.

and i think my first post is the best way to do it.