clothes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by metalfan111, Aug 10, 2006.

1. metalfan111

metalfan111 Guest

Im getting a shitload of money for my birthday and I wanna buy something different. I hate the shit i wear now, its basically shitty shorts and a shitty shirts. I don't really know what kind of clothes I want to buy

This may sound corny or something, but I want to look sharp, like well dressed, i dont know how else to describe it. I'm thinking of buying a nice watch, not for the time, but as jewelry, and then get other nice clothes.

I like the look with the stripped, button down shirt and jeans. the only thing I don't like about that is a lot of preps i konw wear stuff like that and i dont want to be associated with them.

I'm just asking for suggestions on brands, types of clothes, etc. I'd appreciate it if you could just post anything that could help me decide what to buy. if it matters, I'm 6ft, kinda skinny, but i have a good build, and my shoulders are pretty broad

i dont want anything gothic, preppy, punk. i just want to look nice. since its gonna be hot for awhile, what kind of summer clothes do you recommend, and then what kind of clothes do you recommend for when its cold out?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  2. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

Well since I think it's a bad idea to let women or gay men dress you, I'd suggest that you look at what some of your favorite movie characters are wearing and imitate them (use common sense here).

3. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

It's kind of hard to get clothes that people think look good without conforming to a certain style.

That being said, I shop at Banana Republic and men's Express and I think they've got some 'sharp' clothes. But I'm kinda preppy.

As much as I hate to suggest this. . .maybe try going into "The Buckle" if you have one close. They'll be trying to sell you all kinds of shit, but make them work hard and get them to bring you lots of stuff to try on. I used to work at one and everyone there (at all the buckle stores I've been to) was able to pick out some nice 'sharp' clothing to wear.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Jeans and a polo. Does not have to be polo brand. You can pick up Express polos for 20 each on sale.

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I'm not sure if you're being serious here, but if you are then I strongly disagree about pickin out clothes with a girl.

I am basically fashion retarded so everytime I go to the mall to pick up some new clothes I almost always have a girl come with me. Girls are not stupid when it comes to fashion and they will dress you nicely. They know just what looks good on you. If you think about it, she's dressin you up to look swift for other ladies.

I mean it might take a little longer pickin shit out and tryin it on but hey whatever. I mean face it, girls love a guy who looks good and can dress good so it's worth it in the end to trust another girls judgment and not my own so I don't look retarded.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm just going to pick up a t-shirt or a pair of pants then I'll do that myself. But when I want a couple sick getups you better believe there's a girl by my side.

6. Martinj

Martinj New Member

Hire a stylist.....

7. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I've been seeing this a lot lately in all the stores: have one of the employees help you with you choosing clothes

Most of the time they see what other people are purchasing and can help you with the style you want.

From there, it's you who makes the outfit "sharp". How you carry yourself when dressed nicely can make a big difference : class, confidence, etc.

8. niquesuave06

niquesuave06 New Member

:werd: Hold your head high, smile, look people in the eyes. That will go alot further than just nice clothing.

9. RRated

RRated New Member

Buy and wear what makes you feel comforatble.
    Trendy, Hip, CASUAL, it all depends on how you view yourself, and what maked YOU...YOU! IMO

10. low20

low20 Member

jsut shop at bloomingdales, you cant go wrong....whatever you wear, your going to be conforming to a certain "style"...theres nothing wrong with that, doesnt define who you are as a person...

11. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Bloomingdales, Macys, Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus, Marshall Fields
    are some good department stores that can help you out.

as far as brands? Are you looking to spend some $$?
    Check out 7 For All Mankind Jeans, Diesel jeans, Lacoste polo's, crap...anything Lacoste is real nicely made.
    If your looking for some stores in the malls, Express Men, Banana Republic, J CREW.

Express men usually has some GREAT deals on clothes.

12. metalfan111

metalfan111 Guest

Is Kohl's a good place to shop?

13. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

idk.... id say buy clothes that reflect your personality.

i use to buy preppy clothes when i wanted to be 'cool' but now i stick to buying cheap band shirts because im really into music... :dunno:

14. Dave_54

Dave_54 New Member

come on now, save your "birthday" money

why blow all of that money u were gonna put in that nissan on clothes

get a little, dont spend all that cash tho

15. Dave_54

Dave_54 New Member

ahh

the cellphone purchase too

man your blowing your money, you dont need any of these things

16. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I think jmezz is right on target. If women are your target audience, then find one you respect for her taste and ask her to go with you. Rather than guessing about what will appeal, she will just do it for you....no guess work about it. Why make things more difficult than they need to be?

And cudos for wanting to look sharp. There are way way WAY too many sloppy guys out there. I tend to be appalled when I see them hanging with a well dressed girl. I just want to shake her and yell "are you so desperate and is your self respect so non-existant that you would lower yourself to that???"

I think there is a certain amount of reciprocity here. If you dress better (and you're comfortable in it), then you feel good about it which leads to exuding more confidence that makes you look even better. If you're not comfortable in what you wear, no matter how much you think it makes you look good, it won't come through.

17. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

Well, it totally depends on the woman and some of them will dress you up to look metrosexual or possibly gay. I've had women TELL me what they'd like to see me wear, I go out and buy it...and guess what? The friend of the woman who helped me pick out my clothing leaned over and said "Is he gay?" Be careful when asking women for advice because most of them don't know what they want anyway. A lot of men out there are getting laid so you don't have to dress like a queer to get some...:mamoru: