SRS Closing out on friends...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by doggystylin, May 15, 2008.

1. doggystylin

doggystylin New Member

There was this girl I loved and for her to turn cold towards me and shut me out really had me depressed for a while, in result I became more protective of myself and less sensitive of others.

I've also had friends around my circle who would always talk shit about me, and here and there I would stop talking to them or tell them I don't appreciate it but I guess they never really respected me or took it seriously.

So since about a little over two months ago there were a few of my friends who I decided to completely shut out, mainly because these people didn't respect me, weren't really my friends and never were considerate and were just saturated in negativity. So one of my cousins who still speaks to them lets me know what they're up to every once in a while and he says that they aren't taking this seriously and think that its another one of my mood swings. They don't even respect my closing them out.

I don't know what I've done to ruin my credibility, probably pull stupid shit like this and then call them, but I'm not fuckin around anymore. Fuck anyone who doesn't respect me. In fact thats one of the last things the girl said to me before we stopped talking. Brutal.

2. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

If it helps to teach you to respect yourself more, then congratulations. Ive been down that road before and its tough.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You need to be like a castle gate closing yourself to bad people/things/events, and open yourself up to good people/things/events, if you let the enemy into your castle they will only end up destroying it(even if its family), and leaving you crying over the ruins.From there you can keep on crying, or rebuild your life, i advice you to rebuild your life.

When someone has a bad experience they block themselves in order to protect themselves, i advice you however to keep on being sensetive to the 'good things/people/events', its not good to become narrow minded , its good for protection but its a double edged sword, because your closing out your contact with the real world. And that's not something you are supposed to let happen. Hopefully you'll get some good new friends so that you don't have to shut yourself completely out of life.