LGBT Closeteers, how has 07 treated you so far?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RyRy, Oct 11, 2007.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I stole the thread idea from the main forum but I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone else has been doing.

2. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Love Life: 5/10: Im single and I love it. The sex part of my love life is there from FWBs when I want it. I dont picture myself with someone unless they are very independant.

Academic 0/10: Im still not registered at Penn State.

Work: 9/10: Im very happy with work. Granted the 336 hours a month is a bit much, but it seems to go by quickly. Most of the people I work with are fairly kicked back and fun to be around. Didnt receive the promotion I want, but with everything slowed down for the end of the fourth quarter, Im not too concerned.

Life: 8/10. I am very satisfied with how my life has gone this year. I have had loads of fun and really enjoyed myself. Lots of time around friends and family. This year has been great, but I would hope so with me not knowing what I spend about $60K on. :hsugh: It was all for good times, so I cant bitch too loudly.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I live in Missouri and I'm only Dependant when I want to be lovey dovey and shit. :o I mean you do live in Brokeback territory...

4. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

:naughty:

5. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Love Life: 8.75/10 : Of course wonderful James, but as with anything I feel there is room for improvement, we could argue less, I could be more understanding, etc... But we have the most important part, good communication.

Academic 8/10 : Im learning quite a bit in class, and preparing to finish up. Ive discovered talents I didnt know I had (photo/digivideo).By the same token the workload is excruciating, only grades will tell for sure.

Work: 9/10. : I have found out I have this job locked in for graduation and
    a pay re-negotiate, this job has a full suite of bene's which will be nice. Sometimes working with my boss is bitch, he's so busy he overlooks some things, so its not intentional.

Life: 6.75/10. : Friends are a stressor right now, Chrisitian just called with his situation and was crying on my VM. Matt and Amy are going through a hard time, and it shows. I wish I had more time to dedicate to Chris, he's such a genuine person.

I could go on and on, but thats the jist I guess. :sadwavey:

6. stubby77

stubby77 New Member

Life : It's been both a hard year and a great year!

LOVE : I've been with Chris since May, I've known him for over a year and we live together. I couldn't ask for a more respectful, responsive, tender, funny, talented or caring man. He treats me very well and is just a great guy! "It's About time you got your self a great guy Shawnee", is what I frequently hear from my friends.

Family (blood) well they suck, the details are too vast to get into..but I've distanced myself due to the unhealthyness of it all.
    Family (chosen) I am constantly reminded how much love I have been blessed with in my life. I guess it's a reflection of who I am.. :)

Work : Work has gotten worse. I'm job hunting like crazy and making the most of my time here.

Music : related to family/my move, music took a bit of a back seat, BUT this year I've played many new open mics, gigs and I've been writing and working on new stuff. I'm hoping to have something recorded that's new EVEN IF it's a life rough cut at Club Passim.

OVER ALL: 2007 has been a good year :wiggle::bigthumb:

7. Josey

Josey New Member

I hope it DIAF soon, and stops fuckin w/me...

8. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:hug:

9. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

Major turns: Quit Job, Moved in with BF, Went Back To School

Trips: Puerto Vallarta, Portland, San Diego, Chicago (in two weeks)

Made a shitload of new friends.

Overall, it's been a pretty damn good year. :)

10. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Love Life: 3/10. Had my first relationship with a person. We had different views on love and commitment, and it just didn't work. He was looking to break up with me for weeks, I know it, but he just waited until he found the silliest excuse to get rid of me. Deep inside he knew he had to break up with me or I would have done it first. He rarely payed attention to me, just the first few days or when he felt like having sex. Overall an asshole. Said he'd be friends (the classical lie) and then neglected me for over a month. Then I receive a text from him after a month like nothing's happening. I basically told him to get the fuck off, in a polite way.

I'm not expecting any new relationships for what's remaining of this year. In fact, I'm not expecting any new relationship in a very long time.

I give it a 3 merely because at least I learnt something from it.

Academic 8/10. I'm a drop out, but recently I started studying to learn a job. The thing is that this somehow managed to get me to want to study seriously and access university as soon as I can, to then study translation and interpretation, something which I have been considering lately. Or maybe I'll consider another thing along the way. I have time.

Work: 5/10. That 5 is merely neutral. I haven't worked in my life, but that will change next year, on March, when I'll finish taking classes. Should keep me busy, but it will be an easy start if all goes as planned.

Life: 5/10. Okay, I'm alive, and in fact, I have no real problems. It's just that I'm not very happy, even though I try to be. Lost a boyfriend, lost an aunt, lost what I thought were friends... But learnt things from all of that stuff. Now it would be nice to finally find some nice people to hang out with, and have busy afternoons instead of being bored at home or going to the city with my mother to drink one or two coffees.

Overall this year has been pretty crappy for me and my closests relatives, especially my uncle and mother, so I hope next year gives us a break and a little more of happiness, and hopefully no more deaths.

11. Josey

Josey New Member

Hey hey, whose got their hand on my ass??!!...wait, I didn't say move it, I just wanted to know who to kiss... :rofl::naughty:

12. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:rofl: Mine's on your package not your ass....