SRS Close Friend Died in a Car Crash this morning.....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Knucklehead Zoo, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Knucklehead Zoo

Knucklehead Zoo New Member

I've known her all throughout high school, and we became really close my senior year. I'm 21 finishing my third year in college. Lately, say for the past 6 months we've been busy with our separate lives, but still made time to kick it on special occasions, and kept each other informed of each other.....you know, keeping that connection.

I considered her my closest friend for some time. The second I got home after hearing the news, I got an IM from some random ass dude telling me he's heard a lot about me from her.....als;dfkjadsl;fkjsadlf

Anyhow, I guess I'm just in shock right now. I don't really know how to handle it. My ex-g/f has been trying the entire time to be here for me, but I'd rather not talk about it with her. I don't know guys.....I've been doing my best to keep my mind off of it, laughing and watching tv, keeping my mind occupied and such. I got myself into some financial trouble and now with this....I just can't sleep. I chugged some nyquil and slept for like an hour. WTF do i do???

Cliffs: Really close friend died, and I don't know how I'm supposed to handle it.....

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

A friend of mine died in a similar situation shortly after I graduated from high school too. I felt shock and a bit of anger at the whole unfairness of it all.

You do what everyone does in a situation like that...you grieve the shit out of it. You get angry, you cry, you sleep in at times....get it out of your system. And then you do what I DIDN'T do back in those days, you go talk to someone.

If you don't have friends, go grab a family member. If that's not available, seek a professional. A friend of mine went to one just last week and she said she felt immediately relieved.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Talk.
    Talk to a friend
    Talk to family
    Talk to school counselor
    Talk here
    Talk to a therapist.

In that order.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

:hug: i dunno what to say other than sorry....

5. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Give yourself time to process. As said, talk talk talk talk , and don't make your heart a murder hole. Maby you like to talk to her parents, and go thru the process of processing her passing away. Don't blame yourself anything, and talk to us about your financial problems. :hug: we love you and are here to support you. :love: and i advice you to find love and support from her or your family and friends in order to deal with this.

7. Knucklehead Zoo

Knucklehead Zoo New Member

Hey guys, thanks a lot. I know it's still early, but I do feel better. At first, I was trying to avoid everyone that was in our close group of friends, and I would just talk about it with those who hardly knew me or her, but last night a few of us got together at the site of the accident.

Her viewing is tomorrow. I've been there before with a friend about 7 years ago, but I know it's not going to be any easier.

It's been a little hard to concentrate on school and everything. I have a statistics midterm in a couple hours and have yet to study, with another midterm tomorrow. Whats' even more frustrating is work. I've been contemplating on whether or not I should work or not this weekend, but since another really close friend is getting the weekend to come from the Navy, I tried to ask for it off, but they're already giving me shit about it.

I wanted to work, just to keep my life going, and my mind occupied, but i don't know....what do you guys think? Should i just work now that I have fear of losing my job, or just tell them fuck you I'm not coming in this weekend?

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Well, losing your job will just amplify the bad situation. I say go in....it will help get your mind off of things.

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

If your employer won't give you time off to grieve then you don't want to be employed by them anyway... and if they fire you over that, you probably have a case for unfair dismissal if you do want to be employed by them, assuming you've been a good employee in other respects.

Sorry to hear about your friend. :hug: I haven't had friends die yet; only family.

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Agreed with meep, ask for 3 days off 'the job' and don't care what they say, you are 'allowed' to grieve.

11. Bleed

Bleed New Member

you need to talk to people. the best thing you can do is to talk with your friends and help each other get through this. the worst thing you can do is start bottling up everythign inside. next, tell your professors and boss what's going on. you don't want your grades to get affected by this as well as your relationship with your boss. so let them know up front what you are dealing with. if they can't understand then they are cold heartless sons of bitches.

i'm sorry about your loss :hug:

12. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

Two of my very close friends died in a car accident not too long ago. Theres really nothing you can do but give yourself time to get over it. Talk to your friends, they will all understand be there for you because they are all going through the same thing. Be strong though, it's not the end of the world like it seems it is.... Trust me.