SRS Clingy

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jazzyb, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Jazzyb

Jazzyb New Member

Hey ppl, I've been with my gf for about 6 months now and recently infact the whole time i've been very clingy, she told me today on the phone as she said she wanted to break up because its not what she wanted... is there anyway i can get her back?

i sent her a text saying saying if she really wanted to end the relationship ill accept it coz the last thing i wanted to be with her was clingy i also said if she wants to work it out i wont be clingy anymore, ill leave all the stuff to her then i said ill take a no response to this text as a breakoff

you think that was a good idea? i dont want to lose her but i guess i have to show im not going to be clingy anymore and this is the best way to do it, iyo do you guys think she will come back? :hs: thx for any input on this

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Did she tell you specific things you were doing that came across as "clingy" or did she just say "you're clingy."....?

3. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

best way to show her you aren't clingy is to not talk to her at all anymore, and when she starts trying to get ahold of you - blow her off. that'll give her what she wanted to see from you.

if she persistently keeps on talking to you after you blow her off (don't respond) a few times, and you want to maybe see if things would work out, just reply with short messages and don't say you're available every second of everyday - if she asks you out, tell her you're busy with other shit every once in awhile - nothing makes a girl want you more then when you act like they aren't number 1 and have other things to do that you won't drop to see her.

4. redna

redna New Member

Sounds to me like you need to stop being so damn clingy.

Space is good.

I agree with stop talking to her, but not to get her back... just stop talking to her.

5. Jazzyb

Jazzyb New Member

guess you guys are right ill just stop calling and messaging her but thing is she told me if i stopped calling or texting for a few days she would start thinking about me and ask me out to do stuff, dont u reckon if i blow her off a couple of times she will get fed up and leave?

6. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

No women love it when you blow them off or just say you are busy. Because, when they can't have you, they want you that much more.

7. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Women do not love it when you blow them off I dont know what asshole told you that. I personally as a woman do not like to be blown off by anyone. Its rude incosiderate and childish. Be upfront and be a man it takes you a whole lot farther in life.

8. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

:rofl: blown off doesn't mean make plans and then not show up. blown off just means that if you get a message from her, respond in a day or so, or tell them you're busy for that day, maybe another time. and yes - you girls eat it up...

I have plenty of girlfriends that go out to bars and shit. Every guy they call that answers right away they seem to lose interest about pretty quickly, and the guys that they can't get ahold of right away? well they are calling them all the time, and always talking about them. Doesn't matter if she's talking about them in a negative manner as in 'omg i can't believe he doesn't pick up the f'n phone' because guess what? still means they are on their minds...

9. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

If the girl is calling all the time she is clingy. Adults shouldnt do that.

When people give advice like blowing off I see its where they are saying ignore the girl or just basically be an ass. Not how you have described it. It pisses me off when people give that type of advice because thats the not the quickest way to womans heart.

10. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

nah..don't ignore or be an ass. the way to get girls to want you though is to make it seem like you aren't available to them at the drop of a hat - aka - responding a day later, or saying you're busy when they ask to go out or something - and no, don't be an outwright dick, but making light-hearted jokes, sometimes in kind of an ass way, to get them laughing is definitely a good thing. :)

11. Blackthorn

Blackthorn New Member

Correct.

I wish this weren't true and I've tried other approaches. But unfortunately it is and women are that stupid to fall for it.

Don't blame the player, hate the game.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Yeah but this goes for the first few weeks. At a certain point, she should either decide she wants you or not. If she does, then you shouldn't have to hold back how often u want to see her. She can decline if she needs alone time, and you can decline if you need alone time, but if there's still this dishonest bullcrap, unspoken and unacknowledged, that far into a relationship, then as a couple, the two people can't be very close ... still playing pretend and making believe.

13. johan

johan Active Member

You need to read DigDog's post on male relationships.
    You're right you do sound too clingy. Problem here is it smacks of a low confidence male.

Correct response is not to swing all the way to other extreme and start ignoring her.

Which also smacks of a low confidence male. Come on, that move is pure highschool jerkoff who gets emo at the drop of a hat, and can't properly handle a female.

You should stop basing your responses around what she wants, or what she thinks is necessary.
    You have to start thinking like a high confidence male.

You need to be busy, doing lots of things, and trying to fit her in, as appropriate, into that busy schedule.

You won't be clingy, because that is so lame and juvenile.
    You also won't be an ignoring ahole, because that too is so juvenile and you left that shit way behind.

Back when you were still a boy. Now you're a man. Women like men. Girls like men.
    Only mommies like little boys. You decide what you are. Boy or man.

14. JohnJohnJohnson

What's all this "smacks of" and "sounds too" stuff? After 6 months she knows who he is. That's what you deal with when you meet someone for the first time at a party, it's just the first impression b.s. that is no longer possible when you actually get to know a person. It's like imagine if ur father asks if you will be skipping dinner again, would you say, "Ew, you sound like you're kind of clingy." Sound like? Aren't we past that point? :rofl:

15. johan

johan Active Member

Soooo concrete. :rolleyes:

16. JohnJohnJohnson

Maybe I'm being really think but I don't get what you were trying to say here

17. Jazzyb

Jazzyb New Member

hey guys thanks for the replys seems i left contact for a bit and she told me that she doesnt want me igoring her she cant stop thinking about me and misses me and it seems she wants to meet up with me on sunday.

strange odd change in charater imo

18. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

you want what you can't have. when you make yourself easily attainable at the drop of a hat it provides no challenge, and no fun and makes you seem desperate. act busy. act like she isn't #1 in your life. She'll be chasing after you.

19. redna

redna New Member

Now dont be a fag and get yourself back into that position. Make yourself priority # 1. When she EARNS her priority status, you can start to give her a little here and there..

20. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Rule #1, never listen to a woman about what OTHER WOMEN or even herself for that matter WANT, what they think they want and what they really want are 2 DIFFERENT worlds, they speak WOMANESE, men do not understand womanese it takes years of special study to decipher it correctly.... Basically the only way to understand a woman is judge her actions, and even then its iffy... ;)

Beautiful emotional creatures they are, respect them, but first and formost RESPECT YOURSELF!

21. Xin

Xin OT Supporter

chlywly is my nga very insightful