WEB client's domain name in posession of previous web host / designer guy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by whomadewho, Jul 6, 2009.

1. whomadewho

whomadewho Ohhh FCN Ohhhhh FCN!

How do I properly go about this? Do I just request a transfer. More importantly, I don't want their email access to be interrupted. They are currently the host and designed the (old) site. Any tips?

2. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

If they are the main contact, they are the only ones who can authorize the transfer.

What I would do is change all the contacts in the domain name (he should have access to a control panel to do this).

Second, make sure the hosting is setup on the new server, and the DNS is set and pointed, there should be no downtime if it's done like this.

3. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Steal their server, bring to new ISP, update dns, problem solved.

4. Audioholic

Audioholic New Member

As already mentioned as long as they have access to the email account setup as the administrator of the domain at the registrant you can do a transfer to anywhere.

5. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

easiest way without interruption is sign up for an account at the same domain host and have them do a free push.

6. whomadewho

whomadewho Ohhh FCN Ohhhhh FCN!

I was so happy when I read that and then remembered that netfirms didn't have cPanel :wtc:

I want to desperately close my netfirms account but of all people my mom is one of the people whose website + email I'm hosting there and she's my toughest client

7. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

I hated netfirms, i was with them last year and signed up with hostgator business account cheaper with a coupon than what netfirms wanted me to pay for a year with them, hated their control panel, customer service was horrible, by the time they answered their tickets 48 hours later the sites were back up and they were saying it was my computer that was fucking up :rofl: