Cliches in blockbuster films

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jcrash, May 20, 2008.

1. Jcrash

Jcrash 93.till.infinity-ing

Patriotism

I'm not bad mouthing patriotism in any way. It's just I noticed movies now have a segment where the audience is being reminded of what is being defended. Let's take for example Transformers: the beginning scene where the soldiers were in the helicopter. All those guys talking about baseball at Fenway, seeing their baby girl for the first time, etc. Not to mention the minority demographic being covered by Sucre from Prison Break. :rofl: The movie I thought that got away with this type of character development was Saving Private Ryan. :bowdown:

2. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

It is just a quick way for you to get to sympathize with the characters. And also seperate the characters. For example, most units in WWII, most units came from the same state & circumstances, but in films, you will have the Jewish guy, the New Yorker, the farmer, etc.

3. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

dude, we talked about home and what we liked to do stateside all the time when deployed. that's what soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines do. anything to keep the mind off the fact that you could die any minute.

4. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

My crazy english teacher thinks its all a government plot to help people agree with the war. Take 300 for example, it released when it did because I quote this from the teacher "so men will feel pumped up about war and want to fight". But we have had lots of war videos lately

5. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

:werd: that was fucking lame.

6. Jcrash

Jcrash 93.till.infinity-ing

Yeaaaaah....about that....