GUN Clerk shoots robber Updated: It was another grandma shooting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Oct 20, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Goddamn clerk needs some damn range time.
    http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/4439726.html

Robber Gunned Down in Hugo
    Hugo Robber Shot by Clerk

A man suspected of robbing a liquor store in Hugo, Oklahoma was shot twice by the clerk of that store on Thursday night. The masked man held up West Main Liquor, but didn't expect the clerk to fight back.

The following is a news release of the event from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation:

At approximately 6:30 Thursday evening, a man wearing a ski mask and brandishing what appeared to be a .45 semi-automatic handgun attempted to rob the West Main Liquor store in Hugo. The clerk opened the register and the suspect began grabbing cash from the drawer.

The clerk pulled out a .38 revolver and shot the suspect one time in the upper torso. When that did not encourage the suspect to put down his gun, the clerk grabbed a shotgun and shot the suspect one time. The man, identified as 50-year-old Guy Wade Buck, walked outside the store where two Hugo police officers were standing.

Another person inside the store called 9-1-1 during the robbery and alerted police. The officers had just arrived when they hear the shotgun blast. The officers quickly apprehended the suspect who was flown to Wadley Hospital in Texarkana where he remains in critical condition. The gun was discovered to be a plastic air gun.

Buck is from the rural Choctaw County area.

Hugo Police called in OSBI to assist in the investigation

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Never bring an airsoft gun to a gun fight.:mamoru:

That story made me think of Smokey and the Bandit..."The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarkana..."

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just dont understand why the clerk only fired one shot from the .38 the threat was still up and he goes and changes weapons? should of just put the other 5 rounds in the guys chest.

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I find it quite humorous :rofl:

robber: gimme the money!

[​IMG]

store clerk: :hsugh: I dont think so.

[​IMG]

robber: owww, you shot me!

store clerk: :hsugh:

[​IMG]

robber: oh snap

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

still up after a .38 AND a shotgun. Ouch.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

Am I the only one who ROFL'ed at the names in this story?

I seriously cannot think of any name that is more manly than "Guy Buck" I mean seriously, that is so fucking manly.

And then the city named Texarkana... :rofl: I don't know why but I lol'ed

7. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

may have only kept 1 round in it :dunno:

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Or maybe he forgot to reload it after the last robber he shot :dunno:

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

UPDATED STORY
    By Julie Bisbee
    The Oklahoman

HUGO - Sheila Almond didn’t panic when she found a man in her liquor store wearing a ski mask, holding a gun and demanding money.

Almond’s 84-year-old mother, who was working the cash register at West Main Liquor on Thursday evening, backed away as the robber came around the counter for the cash register.

That’s about the time Almond entered the scene.

“My wife told him his ski mask was crooked - she can’t stand things like that - and to get on the other side of the counter and she’d give him the money,” said Bob Almond, owner of the liquor store who was at home at the time.

“I knew it was up to me to protect everybody,” said Sheila Almond, who was back at work Friday afternoon. “I can’t believe I talked to him the way I did. I was just playing for time so my mother could get out.”

Sheila Almond, 59, first shot the man in the shoulder with a pistol. When that didn’t slow him down, she laid a shotgun on the counter and blasted him in the abdomen.

“She blowed him out the door,” Bob Almond said.

Guy Wade Buck, 50, was flown to a Texarkana hospital and remained on a ventilator in critical condition Friday afternoon, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

The gun he was carrying turned out to be a plastic air gun, said OSBI officials, who are assisting Hugo police in the investigation.

“I kept thinking that bullets were going to come,” Sheila Almond said. “I really expected him to shoot me, to shoot all of us.”

‘Bring Baby’

After the shooting, Almond said she called her attorney.

“I asked him about what I had done,” Almond said. “He said, ‘You took care of it.’ I shot him from the front. He had reached over and grabbed tens and they were scattered all over the parking lot. He did do a strong-arm robbery.”

Owning a liquor store, the Almonds have anticipated that someday they would be held up. Sheila Almond wasn’t counting on being the only one in the store who knew how to use a gun when that happened.

After ordering the robber to the other side of the counter, she told an employee to “Bring her ‘Baby,’ - that’s what we call the shotgun,” her husband said.

Sheila Almond, who is blind in her right eye, wanted the robber to think there was a child in the store - maybe he would leave, she said.

“I didn’t want to shoot,” Almond said. “But if I had to shoot, I wanted my shotgun.”

As an employee scrambled for the shotgun, Almond found the pistol.

“I knew if I got my hand on my pistol he was dead,” she said. “When I brought it up, it was ready to fire. He said, ‘Give it to me.’ I shot him. I’m just thankful I didn’t break any bottles. I know that’s callous, but he was wrong.”

The robber continued to reach for money and Almond grabbed a shotgun from her co-worker, laid it on the counter and shot him in the stomach.

“Nobody is ready to die,” she said, “especially at the hands of a cranked-up idiot.”

The shot sent the robber crashing through the door and into the store’s parking lot, with only his feet still on the front porch, a gun in one hand and a wad of 10-dollar bills in the other.

“All I could think of was, he’s down. I felt relief,” Almond said. “When I get in a crunch, I get calm. But I fall apart later.”

Two Hugo police officers responding to a 911 call arrived just in time to see the suspect coming out the front door.

The liquor store had been robbed before, but never with a gun, Bob Almond said.

Sheila Almond said she’s taking her liquor store employee out today to teach her how to shoot a gun. They’ll have to do it without “Baby,” though. The shotgun was confiscated by police.

10. Artyboy

:bigthumb:

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Atleast she got him good he's on a ventilator heres to hoping he suffers for a few more weeks before he dies painfully :beer:

12. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

how in the hell does someone walk away from being shot like that? Was he on pcp or something? wow

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

they took her damn shotgun...

How is she supposed to protect herself now?

14. Artyboy

That's why it's important to own several guns.

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

yeah, but if they took my saiga just for defending myself, I'd be PISSED.

16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

they dont take it to be a dick.. they'll give it back, it just needs to be entered into evidence

17. Artyboy

How do you think the cops would react if you told them "from my cold dead hands" when they ask you to give them the gun for evidence? :mamoru:

18. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl: :rofl:

"Sir, we're going to need to take your weapon for evidence."

"MOLON LABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

19. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Just tell them you need some collateral, and one of their service pistols or shotguns would be sufficient.

20. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

that one had me rofl

I have a question about the use of the word 'confiscated'.

If the shotgun was taken as evidence and eventually given back the owner well then that's good.

I do have a problem with the permanent confiscation of firearms if they have been used lawfully.

21. Gimik

Gimik New Member

what possible "evidence" could they gather from a shotgun? The should just check if it's legal and give it back.

22. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

"yep, it's a shotgun"
    *hands back to owner*

23. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

What if they haven't been used at all?

:katrina:

24. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

The only good thing to come from the Katrina cluster fuck is it is now illegal to disarm law abiding citizens in a emergency. Now you can shoot the national guard when they try to take your guns.

25. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wasn't it already illegal per the constitution? I don't see how this is going to make it any different :dunno: