MIL CLEP, DANTES, etc.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

If you take a CLEP or DANTES test and then transfer that to a college for credit, how does it factor into your GPA? Do you receive an actual letter grade for these types of tests or is it basically just pass/fail and it doesn't affect your GPA, but you do get the credit?

It's awesome that they're free to take for servicemen, if you fail just take it again :bigthumb:.

2. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

they're pass/fail, unfortunately. no GPA ramifications.

everyone else needs to take advantage of these... I did 12 college credits in 2 days with 3 tests.

3. Accord

Accord New Member

So basically, I can take a semesters worth of "real" classes, earn a 4.0 GPA, then earn the rest of my credits through CLEP/DANTES and my GPA would stay the same even if I just barely passed them? Fucking sweet!

Then again, if I had a low GPA coming in and needed to raise it up, i'd probably stay away from them.

There are regionally accredited reputable colleges like Excelsior that will let you transfer almost all your credits from CLEP and DANTES testing. Earning a degree has never been so easy...

4. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

different scoring methods too.

5. evan2

evan2 Guest

dantes is more technical I think, there is no time limit
    I asked recently and they didnt give me an answer but from seeing the type of stuff they asked i think its more technical idk how to explain it

i just got into the whole clep thing, they send out emails every weeksaying what extra tests they have and i usualy just take one everytime they have it