Clearing throat after eating

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ices, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ices

ices New Member

Recently, within the past week or so, I feel like I always need to clear my throat after eating. The only change I've made in my diet is that I stopped drinking coffee several weeks ago. I used to drink 3-4 cups a day but now I just have a cup of tea in the morning. I did a search on Google and GERD came up often. I don't have any other symptoms of GERD (heartburn, regurgitation, trouble swallowing, any type of pain). I plan on seeing a gastroenterologist if this problem persists. In the meantime, I wanted to ask, has anyone else had a similar issue?

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

Swallow next time

faggot

3. ices

ices New Member

Tried that, still coughing. Should I try chewing too?

4. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

my wife had been complaining about a tickeling feeling in her throat after drinking hot liquids, she was prescribed prilosec for GERD. She had no other symptoms.

5. ices

ices New Member

Thanks. You said that she was prescribed Prilosec, so I assume you mean that it was Rx strength rather than OTC? Also, how often does she need to take it? On the website, they indicate a 14-day regimen, 3x a year. However, they seem to imply that it doesn't apply for GERD. Taken from the website...

"Prilosec OTC works for 24 hours with one pill a day. It is indicated for a 14-day course of treatment, up to three times a year.

If you would like to use Prilosec OTC for more than the three indicated 14-day courses of treatment, you should first consult your doctor. Here’s why: While Prilosec OTC is safe, it’s also strong enough to mask more serious conditions. By talking with your doctor first, you can make sure you’re not missing a bigger problem, such as GERD."

6. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

you know it may be the OTC version but it seems to be helping...she doesn't have a serious problem though so it may not be similar to your situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.