Cleaning yellow headlights

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by anomaly, Jan 8, 2004.

1. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

What is the best way? I BELIEVE it is the outside lens that is changing color just from dirt, winter salt, etc. I am trying to sell the car so I want it to look as good as possible.

2. pLaYIstIcPimP

pLaYIstIcPimP New Member

the best thing i have found is a meguiars cleaner wax. it is somewhat corse and it really works. i used it on my bmw and worked very well. then i was tired of the headlights getting that way and just went with the glass housings

3. Dinzdale40

Dinzdale40 Guest

You can try Plexus plastic cleaner and polish. It always gets mine really clean. I haven't tested the restoration qualities that much, but I think they are pretty light. I know it gives protection tho and costs around 6-8$ from a local motorcycle shop.

4. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

Well, the local Trak Auto was out of pretty much everything, so I picked up some Turtle Rubbing Compound and Polish, (2.07 with tax), and tried that. Wetted down the head lights with a rag, rubbed the compound, wiped clean with a wet rag, dried, repeat twice, and voila. Not perfect, but my head light output has probibly tripled. They were literally so discolored and foggy when I flashed my led flash light in to the housing, you couldn't see where it reflected. Now, you can see where it hits, bounces to, and it comes back at you.

5. Dinzdale40

Dinzdale40 Guest

if nev-r dull doesn't get it, Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish will.....it's a bit more abrasive

6. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

you can always dissassemble them and do the same in th eoutside and clean the reflector with a dry rag, never apply anything to the reflector or you will fuck up the chrome...

7. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Several methods... Novus, chrome polish, wet sanding (I did that on the wife's car, they were AWFUL).