cleaning wheels thoroughly...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by xxpanipuri, Apr 1, 2008.

1. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

so yesterday i took all the wheels off of my car and cleaned the wheels inside/out and then polished/waxed them

i did this because last week I got new tires and the dealer had put wheel weights on the outside facing portion of the wheels, and so i had the tire shop mount the new wheel weights on the inside of the wheels...now getting this adhesive off was a bitch.

I sprayed it with goo gone and let it sit for 20 mins and then rinsed them and then picked at it with my finger nail till it all came out...

so my questions are

1) is there an easier way to remove excess wheel weight adhesive (I have more on the inside of the wheel)

2) is there anything i can do to remove/prevent the rust that builds up on the wheel and car (at the hub)

3) what products can i use to remove the excess stains (from brake dust and other stuff) on the inside of the wheels.

I simply just washed the wheels using my same car wash soap that i use on the car and then polished them and then put a coat of acrylic jett trigger on em...

any ideas are appreciated....

here's what the wheels look like now...

as you can see there are stains on the inside of the wheels still I may have them refinished later this summer BUT if I don't end up doing that i'd like to see if i can most of these stains off....I was afraid to use something too abrasive and i hope the goo gone wasn't too abrasive! :)

[​IMG]

btw here she is in all her glory :)

[​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can use a plastic razor blade to remove the adhesive and Goo Gone should take care of the rest. Just keeping some sort of sealant on the wheels will help them stay clean but your best bet would be switching to ceramic brake pads.

3. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

so the goo gone won't harm the finish then??