Cleaning interior fabric... and leather

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Steve Kerr, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Steve Kerr

Steve Kerr 6 Time NBA Champion OT Supporter

Okay. Some of you know I just got the new Accord.

Well on the headliner... which is a synthetic fabric... there are some finger print stains... that look like mechanic prints... meaning they are most likely very oily/greasy. Does anyone have any tips on how to get them off.

Also I am familiar with leather care. however, my new car poses a problem. it has "perferated" leather.... meaning it has little holes in it... like mercedes does on its sporty models.

whats a good way tp treat the seats without getting goop in the holes?

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Turtle Wax leather conditioner is a thin product and it won't goop up the holes. Also, I would take that car back to the dealership and have them take out the grease stain from your headliner. They ALWAYS do that shit to me. Whenever I take my car in for service, the steering wheel cover is always on the side seat and there's grease all over the shifter, steering wheel, carpet (keep your fuggin feet on the mat, that's what it's for). They're always just like :dunno:, like it's no big deal.

If you don't want to take it back, Woolite and Water mixture will take it out.

3. Steve Kerr

Steve Kerr 6 Time NBA Champion OT Supporter

thanks... because the dealer will never see this car again... ever.

4. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

I just used a small terri cloth towel soaked with water and tide, rubbed the area till it was pretty much gone then used a dry portion of the towel to dry it off. If you have tide instead of woolite at home it work just as well. I had a whole black handprint on my headliner, the grease was from doing suspension work so I don't know how the hell it got up in there!

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Tide would be fine for vinyl, but Woolite is a more gentle cleaner and very safe for leather.