cleanest fast food?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Limp_Brisket, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

ya, i know you guys probably don't like fast food, but i eat alot of it and i'm sure some of you guys do too. what do you think is the best thing to get for someone who is semi-clean bulking though?

The other day I had a triple from wendy's BUT i substituted the fires for some chili. huh huh, not bad? And you can get the grilled chicken sandwich (it has no mayo!) with the chili side and that's a pretty clean fast food protein source as far as fast food goes.

Subway I think is pretty good too, I usually get some meaty sub (like chipotle southwest cheese steak) with none of the dressings (except the chipotle sauce), wheat bread, and loaded with spinach! yum.

They also have a place around here (utah, arizona, cali) called Hogi Yogi/Teriyaki Stix and I always get their hot & spicy chicken bowls usually a few times a week which isn't too bad. tons of chicken with spicy sauce on white rice. they use to do it over brown rice but they stopped, i think i was the only one ordering it :wtc:

you guys have any good ideas at other large fast food chains? i'm a fast food junkie. awhile ago I went all out and I got a triple at wendy's w/ extra meat (for 4 paddies) w/ huge ass fries and a mountain dew for the temporary win, long term lose :hs:

2. Layman

Layman New Member

Good post.

For those of us who don't have the liberty to eat at home or prepared meals, knowing what to eat while on the road is pretty damn valuable.

3. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Grilled, not fried
    No mayo
    Don't get the fries
    Get diet soda/water

:dunno: Not that hard. You've pretty much got it figured out. Grilled chicken sandwiches, sub places, etc etc. It's gotten a hell of a lot easier to eat on the road in the last few years- almost everyone has some sort of subsitute program where you can get a salad instead of fries or whatever.

4. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

I usually eat wendy's grilled chicken sandwiches double chicken with soem chilli

5. Wombats Unlimited

Wombats Unlimited OT Supporter

I think Subway is the best. You can get a tuna sub with something like 44g of protein and load it up with vegetables, no sauce or cheese and if you're hardcore take off the top of the bun.

6. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

double chicken? is that a sandwich they have now or you have to order extra meat? how much is that?

7. ChicaBella

ChicaBella Guest

Baja Fresh....many good choices available there.

8. dmac411

dmac411 OT Supporter

Chic Fil A

or a 4x4 from In N Out

9. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Subway is a safe bet

10. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

subway is always good

I remember reading a thing that Taco Bell's hard tacos (sans cheese) were not too bad for you

11. Genocide

Genocide Why does my W look like a peace sign?!

Chipotle

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Most know my opinion on this.

:drool: Hmmm...sausage egg mcmuffin for breakfast.
    KFC Big Crunch sandwich for lunch.
    Junior double whopper for dinner.

Never actually had all three on the same day yet.

But to simplify...
    Double the meat and lose the mayo and you're good.

13. gosideways

gosideways sr20omg

grilled chicken sandwich + small chili at wendy's is what i've been having a lot lately

14 g fat, 48 g protein, 67 g carbs

14. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

i like the chicken whopper without mayo

15. Oscar

Oscar Guest

For Canadians, I recommend Mr. Sub over Subway. I just moved and there's a 24 Hour one up the street from my house, ive been going there a lot. Everything tastes fresher than at Subway and it's cheaper too.

16. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

here's the nutritional facts from those hot & spicy bowls. i highly recommend if you have a teriyaki stix.

[​IMG]

all good. lot of carbs i guess though from the white rice, think that's too much if i started cutting?

17. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

What I usually get to keep cals low, stomach full, and protein high from fast food type joints:

Chipotle - fucking good stuff right here. I rock the Chicken burrito bowl (tortilla is empty cals, screw it). Then I ask for double meat (costs like $1.50 extra), no sour cream, no guac, and light on the cheese to keep things lower in cal's/fat. I get green chili sauce (medium), rice, pinto beans, double meat, light on cheese, lettuce.

While this can be kinda expensive at nearly $8 it is worth it IMO:

cals = 675
    fat = 29g's (mostly from the meat)
    no sugar
    protein = 75g's :)

Another one, that is lower in fat than the first and still good with protein is from:

Wendy's - I rock the grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo (I add bbq sauce or honey mustard... Lower in fat and tastes better). Then I also get a chicken ceasar entree salad with low fat honey mustard dressing or italian vinagerette.
    Also pretty pricey at just over $8, but filling and good for you.

salad and sandwich combined:

cal's = 587
    fat = 16g's
    protein = 60g's

I love to go for both of these as post workout meals if I have nothing to cook at home.... However, with chipotle, it is kinda high in fat because they use dark meat as well, and high in sodium at about 1600mg's for that meal.

18. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Taquria burrito's are the best way to go, you wont find more protein/fiber/carbs/calories in anything else for $5

I also buy frozen burrito's from Trader Joe's, they are Chicken/Rice/Beans. 40g protein, 700 cals, good amount of fiber, $2.50 per package

19. IAMABALLER

IAMABALLER New Member

Chipotle is my favorite place to eat...........

Here is a little trick to not pay for double meat.

I order Half chicken , Half Steak.......they almost always put on 2 full scoops of meat (1 of each)

20. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

Boston Market is probably fairly healthy, although for some reason they got rid of the best thing they had, the Carver Club sandwich.

21. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

yeah, half the time when I order double meat they are too busy helping the next customer to tell the person at the register to charge me for it. For a while I would tell the person at the register it was double meat just to be nice, but now I figure I mine as well get it for free if I can since I eat there so freaking much.

22. IAMABALLER

IAMABALLER New Member

yeah, i spend a TON there...

last time i was there i was getting ready to pay adn the manager goes "this ones on us, you are a frequent customer" so, i got free chicken/steak soft tacos. AND on top of that, the night before I did a call in carry out for Longhorn Steakhouse. well, the dumb bitch never entered my order into the computer, so when i got there 20 minutes later to pick it up it obviously wasnt ready. I said id just go somewhere else, but the bar tender insisted that i stay and itd be ready in 5 minutes.. 5 minutes goes by and the manager hands me a HUGE white bag.. inside was the biggest ribeye steak they have, loaded potato soup, baked potato, loaf of bread, ice cream, 2 huge pieces of chocolate mousse cake and she says "don't worry about it, have a nice night". i didnt even order half the shit or that big of a steak but since they messed up they hooked me up w/ a free $25 meal:bowdown:

on a side note: it was by far the best steak i have ever eaten in my life. I am half tempted to go there this weekend for another ribeye steak

23. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

:WERD: I clean bulked on that to 220 a few summers ago. You dont live near the one downtown do you? Howe and Davie?

24. Oscar

Oscar Guest

Nope, Mid-Main area

25. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

hmmm.. after eating Jersey Mike's light subs I'm going to have to say
    Jersey Mike's > Subway. It's a lot fresher..etc.

edit- no mayo and no cheese. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.