Claybar Magic!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by BlinginAssRims, Oct 19, 2004.

1. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

I have only ever used a quick detail (34 usually) to claybar a car as a lube.
    I heard there are schools of people who use just their carwash and this is a faster method, only now my boss was telling me horror stories about how he fucked the paint on his V-dub with the fast way of doing things and im apprehensive to try it.

Any experience claybarring with the soap/water technique? because i waste alot of 34 and that aint good.

2. sony

sony Active Member

Just make sure the water is really soapy and not just watered down. Work in small areas at a time so that it doesn't dry up completely. I use two buckets, one with soapy water and one with clean water and i rinse the area after i clay it so that the soap doesn't dry on the panel. :dunno:

3. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

I've never had a problem using the clay as I wash method. Keep the area soapy and you shouldn't have any problems. If he messed up his paint he might have had a dirty clay bar. Any residue that's left over should come off with the polish that you apply.

4. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

I've used soapy water before and no problems. I just like to use the QD better for some reason.

5. Shikado

Shikado David-Michelle-Edgar-Tony :wtc:

When you mixed your soap with water, just save half a gallon on the side. Wash your car with the remaining, rinse then use that half gallon to clay while car still wet.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

What they all said.