Clay bard my car last night, some pics and questions

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Section8, May 27, 2004.

1. Section8

Section8 .

Ok, this is my first time using one of these, so bear with me. The only clay bar I could find in Rednecksburg was a mother's bar that came with the quick detailing spray. I followed the box instructions and just did small sections at at time.

After I was done, I applied some of the Meguires burgandy bottle polish (still can't find Mirror Glaze stuff in any stores). By the time I was done with that, I was pretty tired, so I knocked off for the night. Will wax it today after work.

Please excuse my shitty camera, it wouldn't set the film speed right for some reason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm pretty happy, I think I did an OK job for my first time. Anyway, here are my questions, I've got these 3 spots on the paint that I'd really like to get fixed, any suggestions? here are the pics:

[​IMG]

This is right behind the drivers door, up high. I have no idea what caused this, but it really pisses me off. It's the most noticable blemish in the car.

[​IMG]

Again, sorry for the shitty picture. This is some kind of discoloration, but I have no idea how to make it go away.

[​IMG]

This one is on the rear deck lid near the glass, not as noticable, but a bad spot.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I can't really tell what those spots are because of the picture. Also, you'll probably have to buy the Mirror Glaze stuff online.

3. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

try buffing it out, can you feel it etched into the clearcoat?

4. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

that last spot looks pretty bad like clear failure - but it's hard to tell

get some vanilla mosse - makes black cars look :cool:

5. Section8

Section8 .

The spot in the last pic feels very rough, even after the clay bar. The first looks like chips in the paint...I guess I'll have to touch that up with touch up paint, can't afford a paint job right now.

I guess I'll just have to order the mirror glaze stuff, I've tried all the auto stores here and none of them have it, I'm still amazed I found the clay bar.

As far as buffing, I've never done that, nor do i have a buffer yet. I'm planning on getting one soon, but there's a few other things I need to spend money on first.

6. blue96 232

blue96 232 Guest

try using mothers step 2 in their 3 step system, I can't think of the name of the bottle off the top of my head, its like the polisher/cleaner

and you do know that claybarring takes all wax off your car, so waiting to wax it was not a good idea, especially on a black car

nonetheless, it looks good

7. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

order everything online

no run of the mill auto parts store will have any of the really good stuff

there is though a listing of retailers (usually paint/body shops) that sell the professional line..its somewhere on meguiars site

8. Section8

Section8 .

Well, there's wax on it now, I figured it'd be ok to sit in my garage without wax until I got home from work :big grin:

Thanks for the tips guys.

9. Turd Furgeson

Turd Furgeson New Member

[​IMG]

That is the results of an egg being thrown at a car. Circular pattern chips, with nothing in the center. Nothing you can really do to get that out except for touching it up.

10. BurpKing

BurpKing Money's only something you need in case you don't

:werd:

that happened to my old MX-3.. damn kids :rant2:

11. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The egg shells cut the paint...sucks.

Touching it up won't look all that great either. Probably need to repaint those sections.