Classic Rock Radio

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CNM DESIGN, May 27, 2009.

1. CNM DESIGN

CNM DESIGN New Member

HI to all

Has any one ever heard of the radio station W C H W 91.3 FM Bay City MI?
    I was a DJ there back in the dayz 1973-74-75.

2. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

Are you familiar with the canterbury prog scene?

3. CNM DESIGN

CNM DESIGN New Member

I think it was the start of what we, back in the day called progressive rock.

4. You must have played this 1974 song a lot.
    [y]p7v7UrutfFQ[/y]

5. CNM DESIGN

CNM DESIGN New Member

Came back to the thread, saw the words David Essex Rock On, got all teary eyed and covered with goose bumps. Listened to the whole song. By the end I was crying in my beer wondering where time has gone. Thanks for the memories, I think.

6. I'm the same way (though I wish I could cry about it). I know it's not possible, but I continually want to go back in time, be young, and do it again.

To hear all those Old School songs again, unadulterated with later music, would be beyond words.

:h5:

7. I've thought about this for almost 20 years. It might be interesting indeed for some parents to try to raise their child listening to only the original chronological progression of music starting in 1965 with the Beatles and, maybe, hurry the years up at like twice the speed. They would try to prevent the kid from listening to any other music, but only if the parents could convince him, and he really likes music.

They could turn the TV down during songs and just read the closed-captioning.

I don't know. It's probably a crazy idea. :o

8. CNM DESIGN

CNM DESIGN New Member

My son will be 18 in December. Two years ago he was going to wal-mart with me
    and Hotel California came on the classic rock station I listen to and he sang EVERY WORD, and never missed a beat.
    It really made me feel good. Turns out his MP3 player is filled with classic rock.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  9. Public Enemy Rated R

Public Enemy Rated R Sexobsessedpussylovinman OT Supporter

Never heard of it. Remember this tune?

[y]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gp8xL4S_im8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gp8xL4S_im8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/y]

10. minkus962

minkus962 New Member

Being born in 1989, I was born right into possibly the worst generation of music. Luckily my father had a good taste in music, and despite taking me a while to accept that fact, when I hit 17, I realized that music is music, and it doesn't matter when the hell its from. I just wish I had been living in the 70s to experience all those fantastic artists as they came out, instead of only being able to catch some concerts like 5 years before they're gonna croak.

11. [y]aB_TM5AvJP0[/y] .1973

[y]bhuZxaqj99g[/y]

[y]Yu8Xqk7ZdBc[/y] .1974

[y]jv54nLzBtLI[/y]