MIL Classic officer moments

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by aphoric, Jan 6, 2006.

1. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

This major had me crackin up today. I was in the SCIF talking to a SSG and he wanted me to show his "boss" our system. I asked where he is, and he pointed behind me. I turned around and this guy was sacked out with his head down on the table. He shook the majors arm and the guy woke up and looke up at me, he had droool on the side of his face... I wonder why officers get a bad rap?

Any stories to share?

2. eter

eter New Member

:greddy:thread

3. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

maybe the major had just worked himself to exhaustion :o

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

SCIF :mamoru:

5. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

My buddy, an e-4 goes to sleep in the cockpit of the plane he services wearing an o2 mask to help with his hangover... :dunno:

6. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Where does the 'classic officer' part begin?

7. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

the part where he fails to pay attention to detail and isnt on topic

8. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

In 1998 while stationed in Korea the North Koreans decided to send some mortars across the border. 2ID was put on alert and told to standby. Our Platoon leader thought this would be a good time to announce that the military wasn't really for him, and break down and cry in front of the entire platoon.

9. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

REally tho, dont leave us hanging like that !!!

10. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I still wana know wat happened next, and btw I never got an answer to my PM question, but on with the story :squint:

11. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

:mamoru:

12. seatmech83

seatmech83 New Member

LOL, this is classic. I don't do this exactly but similar. I'm stuck TAD to the lox farm so I just fill LOX bottles all day. Nothing beats a hangover like 99.9 percent pure oxygen.

13. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

Nothing to do with officers... but the combat lifetakers used to give IV's to help with hangovers.

14. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

FWA

15. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

Our CO is pretty cool. He wants to put in a basketball hoop in the warehouse

16. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

lolol word.

I am CLS qualfied and i have the CLS bag in my room always. if we need to sober up, IVs away!

17. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

just for the record, a lot of us work really hard, try not to be dicks, and do our best to emulate good leaders and not fuck things up. it's tough to be put in that position sometimes when you're only 22 years old.

18. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

and ridiculous IMO

19. Blacksix

Blacksix New Member

Alright...not to beat up on the lewies to bad....

Winter 1993.
    We had one of those damn "HUM-X" maneuvers the Army used when they couldn't run the tanks through the country side any more. Fairly open country was used to run on. We had all the proper permissions.

The snow was terrible. Deep. We had been up for hours with little to no sleep for the previous two days.

I was driving the CO around in our Hummer and following the 2nd Platoon who was recently equipped with a state of the art West Pointer. The CO wasn't real worried about him as he had the most experienced Platoon Daddy in the squadron running that platoon.

While we were on a short halt, the CO told me to stay behind 2nd but follow at a distance so I could keep my eye on our 3rd platoon who he WAS worried about. He had to ride with the XO down to the Command and Laugh meeting which was about to start. He'd catch up with me in an hour or so.

We drove on.

Beautiful German Manor House. Sitting at the base of the mountains in a large open field. Tall walls surrounded the house in a semi circle on either side of it. Large circular drive. LARGE CHRISTMAS TREE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YARD. The only house or residence for miles.

From my vantage point I could see 3rd, through the snow, steer far left of the house. The 2nd Platoon began to maneuver to its right. Except for one vehicle. I looked at the other NCO with me and watched it until we could get an ID. It was the "21 track". WTF?

We tried contacting the 21 but no luck. He was heading straight down the drive through the open gate.
    We contacted the 24. He was pissed. "I told that knucklehead to stay out of there....what is he doing...doesn't he know that off limits?"

It seems that the residence belonged to an elderly "princess" of very old German nobility. She was always very open to allowing the Army to train on her grounds as long as we didn't tear anything up. Hummers shouldn't be an issue.

We watched as the Hummer drove down the drive....and made contact with the tree. This seemed to startle the driver as he suddenly realized where he was and turned around to get out of there. He started heading back down the drive when we saw the tree fall. He kept going. Straight out of the gate....dragging this huge ass Christmas Tree behind him like nothing happened. The lights on the tree got caught in the mirrors of the hummer.

The 24 had already turned around and we met him at the end of the road as the trooper got out of the hummer.

It was the Lt. He decided to let his driver get some sleep and in turn fell asleep himself. He wasn't on the Platoon frequency as he was on Troop and monitoring Sq. He didn't stop because he thought he could cut it off before someone noticed. He had no idea we were watching.

The princess was pissed.
    The CO got his ass chewed because the SQD. CDR gothis ass chewed by the Princess.

The LT survived....barely.

20. darnit

darnit New Member

The Department Head(DH), needs to have a certain level of qual in the maintenance system(3M). He knew this a long… long…. time ago. As the local/department 3M work center sup(WCS). , I was well beyond his quals (by choice),but he was an O. During the inspection by the CHENG( Chief Enginner) a captain, my DH(LCDR) was asked a question.
    CHENG: You have all your quals in order?
    DH: Huh?
    CHENG: Your Qualifications, you are DH qualified aren’t you?
    Dh looks to me, then back to CHENG.
    DH: I don’t think so ,(turn to me)am I?
    Me: yes Sir, you are, as a matter of fact we were working on your shipboard 3M Coordinator stuff in the Class I was giving you last week.
    CHENG: That’s awesome ,(looking at me )Well I think that about wraps it up.
    DH: But sir, I really don’t think I am qualified.
    CHENG: If your WCS say’s you are, I am sure you are. I will forward the inspection results to your WCS and he will get them to you.
    DH: But sir, I am really sure I am not qualified.
    At this point I look the DH in the eyes for a second, turn to the CHENG and ask him to excuse us for a minute. He says sure.
    I pull the DH to the side, tell him “Sir, I know you’re probably going to be mad, but please, just say nothing else beside “thank you sir to the CHENG and I will talk to you later”. He starts to address me by my rank, I interrupt and whisper” do you want to lose rank?’ He says “no”, then do what I say .. please..
    We go back, he finally says the right things and the CHENG leaves.
    I then proceeded to tell him that all those times he was signing my stuff, he was doing it illegally. I had been telling him that for a long time, and even had witnesses. After a certain point, I gave up trying.
    The CHENG even knew all of this as I occasional had a few convo’s with him in the smoke pit.
    When I left that ship (probably close to a year after that incident), the DH still wasn’t qualified!!

21. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

A good friend of mine was in Thailand doing night training with NVG's and the co-driver of a HMMWV he was in fell asleep. Kevin was in the hole manning the 50 cal. The HMMWV struck a cut down tree stump on the passenger side, and threw Kevin forward into the 50 cal. He struck the 50 cal with his throat, crushing his espohagus. Kevins Plt Sgt performed a field tracheotomy which saved his life. The injury resulted in Kevin being discharged from the military and having 4 "spikes" placed in his neck for support. The co-driver was his Company Commander.