Classic Muscle

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Kantroll, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Kantroll

Kantroll Guest

I'm going to be in the market for a car in the not so distant future but I'm not exactly sure what I want.
    I'm torn between 65-67 Tempest/Lemans(Clone a GTO), 67-70 Camaro/Firebird or a Mustang from before 71 or 72.
    I wouldnt turn down a a good muscle car with a good price but those are what I am most interested in buying and what I would be most able to afford.

Reliabilty isnt an issue since I'm (90% sure at least) getting a 95 Camry for free. I'll barely need a car when I'm in college. I want a classic car to learn on.

I was just wondering about OT's opinions on those 3 cars and maybe recommendations for similar cars. Also, for trouble and rust areas on those cars. Thanks.

2. Kantroll

Kantroll Guest

Wow, for the first time ever the internet has no opinion.

3. CarlsV6

CarlsV6 Guest

I vote satellite/roadrunner. Or an a-body like a duster or scamp with a small block.

4. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball I hate you, Milkman Dan

Can't go wrong with any of those cars. They're all great. Personally, i'd take a '69 Mustang fastback over any of the others, but a '67-69 'Maro would be a close second.

5. Kantroll

Kantroll Guest

Its hard to find a Roadrunner for a good price.

6. big_john2438

big_john2438 Guest

1970 chvelle ss 454 ls6 is the best mscle eva

7. Corvettes4Life

Corvettes4Life New Member

or 69 Camaro SS

8. CarlsV6

CarlsV6 Guest

That's why I proposed the satellite, roadrunner clone. Tha a-bodies are relatively easy to find and still relatively cheap as well.

9. matrix243

matrix243 My body, is ready.

67-69 Fastback. Lots of different options for high resale. As long as you don't mind fighting with the shock towers.

10. chadds

chadds Roethlisberger & Palko > your QBs OT Supporter

I'd go for the 65-67 Tempest or Lemans. :cool:

11. Kantroll

Kantroll Guest

School me on MOPAR if you dont mind.

I found a 70 Duster w/ a Slant Six for 2000. Leaving me with about 4 or 5 thousand for a new engine and misc. parts/work. Common rust areas/problems?
    I definently liked the 6.2 0-60(www.musclecarclub.com) time for a 340 with shit tires. Thing would haul ass with modern tires.
    or
    69 Belvedere for 4500 w/ no displacement posted in ad.

The only problem I imagine I would have with a MOPAR is finding parts. Whereas, finding parts for a GM is relatively simple.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2004
  12. austynn2001

austynn2001 Guest

13. austynn2001

austynn2001 Guest

:bigthumb:. And nice av.