Classic Corvette - In Germany

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Lone Wolf, May 30, 2004.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Guest

Hi y'all. I'm new here and figured I'd dive in with both feet.

I'm in Iraq now, but will be back in Germany soon (hopefully). I'm hoping to get my '71 Stingray fixed up. I've heard that there is some sort of Barge on the Rhine river that works on 'vettes only, but I can't find anything online. Anyone know of anyone in Germany (or Europe, for that matter) that does good work on classic American Cars?

What I need -

E-Brake - I got the frame restored just before I came over and I think something got messed up with the linkage, since the cables are all too long now. I wouldn't care much since it's Automatic (I know, next one will be standard) but I need it for German safety regs. I'd need either a specialty cabele or to somehow cut and re-crimp the cable.

Frame welding - Theres a hole right by the left rear. If it wasn't such a hassle I'd be looking for my money back for the body off because

Body- Not seated on the frame right, so the headlights stick and the grille doesn't quite fit right.

What y'all think?

Wolfie

2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Sigo and Dr. Woo live in Germany, you might want to ask them if they know of any places that can help you out.

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Guest

Forgot, I also need the choke fixed on the carb - I think a linkage is missing, I need to manually close the butterfly valves to start her.

Oh, and I have an Avatar now, so *bump* in hopes of some more help.