GUN Classic Arms - 1911 for $360

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GlobeGuy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

http://classicarms.us/

do a find for "ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND .45 PISTOLS"

Anyone have experience with one of these?

2. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

THE FACTORY GRAPHIC IS ON THE LEFT, I TOOK THE PICTURE ON THE RIGHT. IT'S ODD HOW THEY MANIPULATED THE EJECTION PORT TO THE OPPISITE SIDE FOR AD PURPOSES. COULD BE A CONSPIRACY, I DON'T KNOW. ANYWAY MY PHOTO ALSO SHOWS OUR CHROME PISTOL AND THE HARD CASE

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

From what I understand of these pistols, they are rough GI spec models, but are good entry level 1911's. I've seen quite a few that folks have tricked out, but it'll take some smithing work/dollars.

If you are looking for a base model 1911, it's definately not a bad start.

4. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

:rofl:

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think the only real complaint I've heard about them is that the frame is cast (maybe the slide too?) and not forged and for a little more you can get a forged SA. That could well be 1911 purists getting their panties in a wad though because you never hear people complaining that their ruger cast revolvers just are weak.

7. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

zomg those chrome AKs on that website give me a hard-on.

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

That website is such a huge clusterfuck. :rofl: I want to redo his website for him for free just because I get an instant headache whenever I look at it.

9. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Armscor/Rock Island 1911's are good guns.

I own two.

10. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Yup, mines a great, solid, no tweaker goodie 1911.

11. H.P.

H.P. Guest

tempting, but I are broke :(

12. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

Got one, been happy with it.

13. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

The one pictured has had some work done, at the very least its had the trigger and hammer replaced, probably the grip safety too (not positive but I am too lazy to go find my OEM parts to check)

:werd: They aren't flawless or custom by any means. I loved mine stock, but have since done some work. Its never failed to feed, fire or eject and its as accurate as I need it to be at the moment. It's been a hobby working it no a necessity.

That being said, I've done my share of work (and probably will continue to do work.) I've gone with wilson combat for most parts, new sear, disconnector, hammer, hammer strut, trigger main spring, high rise beaver tail extended slide release and tactical safety.

Its a standard mil-spec gun so most parts fit, some things like thumb require a bit of fitting to work perfectly, but its the same with all 1911's.

However the best thing I have done to my RIA that has improved the way is feels, is I ordered a "trigger track stone" from http://www.brownells.com/ and got some hobby files from Lowes. I used them to smooth out the trigger track for the trigger bow. By far and away the best mod I have done to it, smoother, lighter and more consistent trigger pull.

They are great guns, and depending on what you want to use it for may be as much as you need. Many more expensive guns will have tighter tolerances and more than likely are more accurate (I just can't tell the RIA is currently more accurate than I am), but on the plus side I have seen S&W and Kimber 1911s costing 2-3x's as much as the RIA have the slides bind up from shooting dirty ammo.

14. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

I remember people always complaining because Para-Ordnance used(still uses?) cast receivers. I had an LDA for a few years and it shot great. I still regret getting rid of it. Aren't the SA milspec's around the same price as that? They used to be around here at least.

15. WiseOne

WiseOne roter Teufel

A duck walks into a store , hops up on the counter and ask the clerk " hey, you got any grapes?
    The clerk say's No- I don't have any grapes, and we don't do business with ducks . Now scram.
    The next day the duck goes back into the same store, hops up on the counter and ask "got any grapes?
    The clerk say's I told you yesterday, we don't have grapes, and we don't serve ducks, now get out of here.
    The next day, the duck goes in the store, hops up on the counter and says to the clerk " got any grapes?
    The clerk says" Look Duck, I've told you for the last three days, we don't have grapes and we don't do business with ducks. Now if you come in here one more time I'm gonna nail your flat webbed feet to that counter.
    The next day the duck walks into the store , hops up on the counter and say's" Have you got any nails?"
    The startled clerk say's No.
    The duck say's " Good, Got Any Grapes."

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

when you click buy it now for the SA Milspec you get an MSPR of 715 and the GI at 619.

I'm sure you can get them cheaper than MSRP, but you would have to get 200-300 off a SA before it was in the same range as a RIA, I couldn't find a RIA MSRP for comparison.

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

buds sells the sa milspec for $558 for comparison so just guessing like $490 for a gi model street price

18. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Blistering Barnacles OT Supporter