Clarion headunit not playing all mp3s?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mds2004, Aug 1, 2005.

1. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

I have owned this Clarion DXZ835MP for about two years now. It has always acted just fine until recently. I have never had any problems with it. Now on some of my mp3/WMA cds, it will not recognize some files in the folders. For example, when I have a CD in there, it will say there is only two songs on my Modest Mouse folder, or there is only one song on another folder.
    This has occured from a couple different CDs now. Is it the laser could be going bad and not reading them? I have even tested it on my computer and another friends cheaper Sony mp3 HU, working perfectly on both.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate it when I am ready to buy an IDMAX, I have the blow the money on something else :o

2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

My Clarion HU did it also, I just replaced it.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i think you have a 2 year warranty on that unit, check with your dealer and see if they can send it in for repair, instead of buying a new deck. I'm not a clarion fan, but that's a decent deck and would be worth it to repair v. replace i think

4. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

Clarions like to break but they are good decks. I had two of their proaudio decks including the one you had. Both wore out so i got an alpine.

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Mine was like 5 years old when in broke =\ It was pretty sweet when I first got it.