CL-S6 gets new parts

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TheWeasel, Jun 2, 2008.

1. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Ordered headers. +30hp for $88 is hard to argue with. Added a pulley for $20. Ordered some Kumho SPTs too. Tires will go on this week. Header in a couple weeks when I'm at my friends grandparents place up north (his grandpa has a lift and there are plenty of wide open roads). Also have NSX brakes in the trunk waiting to be installed. I said I wouldn't mod the DD but it was hard to pass up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nitin

Nitin OT Supporter

Nice! I've got an 01 CL Type S with Comptech headers and supercharger.

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I thought about getting a supercharger for it but it's really just a DD for me. Looking into buying another summer car. I miss having a supercharged gas guzzler.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Why not mod the DD? Passing power is always handy; you just gotta be careful not to pick mods that make the car unreliable or too expensive to drive.

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sure but I see it more as, why spend money on making a DD faster (it's already 260HP stock so it has plenty of passing power even when in 6th on the highway) when I could spend the money on a summer/weekend car?

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Because you can drive the DD every day, which means you can enjoy the fruits of your labors every day.

Then again, I'm the kind of guy who carries a Leatherman in his pocket, and will use that instead of a single-purpose tool whenever it's a feasible option.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

More daily power is nice but spending money on a CAI or something that gives you relatively little power in return (although it makes about 14HP on the CL-S which is much better then most cars) doesn't make sense on a DD at this point.

8. Boing

Boing OT Supporter

Pics of entire car?

I kinda miss my old CL.

9. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

[​IMG]

Shot from last fall. Still in 4x4 mode. Think those are the winter tires on there too. I've also had to add a front license plate bracket after getting a $105 ticket for it (got them to drop the ticket but I don't wanna chance it again).

10. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Just a heads up I had some SPT's on my 01 Accord and they seemed to wear prematurely.. I want to say I had like 15k miles on them before they started getting ugly. I'm also pretty religious about tire rotations and wheel alignments.

11. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sorry, I was wrong, I got ASX instead of SPT. ASX have a 420AA tread wear vs the 320AA on the SPT.

They showed up today. Header and pulley are scheduled to be here tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

12. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Headers and pulley showed up today. Seems they sent me 2 of the pulleys for the price of 1.

[​IMG]

13. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Company is called XS Power. Website is ssautochrome.com Yeah, $88 is dirty cheap. Pulleys were $20. Got it all shipped for like $130 or something. Only seen about 3 reports of the header welds cracking after a couple years online. If they crack after a couple years, having them re-welded is still cheaper then the $1200 for Comptech headers. Comptech would be the way to go if you live in a place that requires CARB certification though.

14. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I'd totally recommend checking out the other stuff they offer. They have a ton of parts for cars. People with CL-S' say the turbo kits are crap but I have yet to find a single one of them that actually got one. Worse case scenario, you re-weld it and you've got a turbo kit at 1/4 the price (maybe buy a new turbo but that'd still be cheaper then a name brand kit). They also have all kinds of headers (for American V8s too) and other shit. Seems like a decent company. Plus from what they have posted on their site, they're family owned and run and donate part of the profits to an animal rescue place.

Not sure if I'll be taking pictures when I do the install. I'll be up north at a friend's grandparents place and maybe drunk when we do it. We will see.

15. red97gst

red97gst New Member

that site has some good prices...

$88 for a set of headers is amazing

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

People on one of the Acura forums say that the turbo kits are junk and break but I have yet to find anyone on there that's actually had one from them. If anything, I'd get their kit just for the piping and buy a different turbo. Even if the turbo manifolds needed re-welding, it'd still be a hell of a lot cheaper then buying a kit from most places.