cky / turbonegro

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ALLISTER, May 3, 2004.

1. ALLISTER

ALLISTER california mountain snake

first off, what is the best program to use to download music now a days? second, does anyone know where i can find some turbonegro and cky songs. ive been using winmx and they have a few but im looking to get full albums. thanks!

2. Then buy the freakin CD. Find an independent record store, go there. Buy a turbonegro or CKY CD for like $12. Its not a difficult concept.

3. PrimeCuts7

PrimeCuts7 Guest

I love Viva la Bam! That show rocks my socks off.

4. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

what does viva la bam have to do with the band cky, jackass?

5. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

turbonegro and cky are bands worthy of spending the money on. if you look around ,even best buy has both of cky's albums for less than 10 bucks.

6. Bam Margera is from West Chester, PA. CKY is from West Chester, PA. Oh yeah and Bam Margera's freakin brother plays drums in CKY. So that's a bit of a connection. The CKY videos (which were a big inspiration for Jackass) were directed (sorta), filmed (some of it), and starred (not quite but he was in them) Bam.

Oh by the way. Does everyone know what CKY actually stands for? And does anyone else realize that they used to be a pseudo-punk band?

7. bews

bews New Member

camp kill yourself

8. ALLISTER

ive checked the majority of my local music stores which pretty much only consists of best buy and sam goody and they either sold out and never reordered any copies of either artists cd....orrrr just carry the dvds which i already own but im going to tower records in IL this weekend though so Im SURE theyll have them there. also, cky is coming to town in about another month. cant wait! :)

9. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

duh........

the point i was making was that this thread was about the bands....not the show nor the movies. cky was never pseudo punk you idiot. they started off playing what they play(slowed down death metal riffs with great melodic vocals). even if you are speaking of jess and deron's previous band (foreign objects),they still weren't pseudo punk. the only band remotely related to cky that was pseudo punk was chad ginsburg's(cky guitarist) old band rudy & blitz.

and since you seem to be a know it all on everything that is camp kill yourself the band and the videos....

you are wrong about bam's role in the cky movies.bam directs,stars,produces,and edits all of the cky movies.check out bam's movie haggard,another movie in which he direct's,star's,edits,and produces.

10. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

where are you located? cky is only playing a couple of shows on the zumiez couch tour in the midwest. they are in the studio right now working on their new record.

odd that best buy doesn't have either one of their studio albums. everytime i walk into a best buy i just check to see if they have them....they always do.

11. I don't see how I could be wrong when I said Bam directed, filmed, and starred in the CKY movies. By saying that he "sorta" directed them I mean that a lot of stuff wasn't exactly planned out what was going to happen. And when I said he filmed "most of it" all that meant is that its kind of hard to film yourself doing something a couple of feet away. And the videos are way more than just Bam so I didn't really want to say that he "starred" in the movies when there were a ton of other people involved.

And yeah, maybe "pseudo-punk" wasn't exactly the right term to use, but they sounded a lot different when I first heard them in like '98 or '99 before their debut album came out. Although it could have just been that I heard them live and its hard to get the same sound live as they have on their CDs.

Oh and by the way, not to name drop or anything like that, but yeah the reason I know a bunch about the band is that I have a bunch of friends from college who grew up in West Chester, PA. My ex-girlfriend sat next to Bam in homeroom throughout high school and she's hung out with him a couple of times since she's been back at home. But besides that a friend of mine used to be friends with Jesse and Chad before CKY got popular. So i'm just saying what I know from other people that's all.

12. ALLISTER

right now im located in madison, wisconsin. cky will be playing in milwaukee on june 27th at the rave/eagles ballroom so i am going down there to check out the show. yeah, our best buy didnt have any of the cd's...just the dvds and i went down to tower records in IL and they didnt have the cds either (shocker...they have almost everything)...they just had jackass and haggard soundtracks....so i thought i pretty much lucked out but decided to go to a used cd/video game store and right there in the very front row was the CKY Infiltrate, Destroy, Rebuild cd for $4.99 in great shape so I picked that up.

by the way, haggard is one of my fave movies. :)

13. EriCKY

EriCKY Guest

That whole paragraph was all about name dropping.

And I really don't understand how the hell Turbonegro and cky are related. Why is there a thread with both of them at the same time? This whole thing is stupid.

14. ALLISTER

i never said they were related and i know they arent related.

i just was asking a question and the majority of people i know that listen to or know of cky also listen to or know of turbonegro and since i was having problems finding a store around me that sold their albums, i asked for help.

15. jamesdavis

jamesdavis Guest

16. jamesdavis

jamesdavis Guest

Shareaza is my favorit p2p app along with using www.AnonX.com

I am with everyone else if you can find the music in the store and you know you already like it, then just buy it.

17. EriCKY

EriCKY Guest

If you want cky songs buy the CD's. I know for a fact that soulseek is probably the best place for rare cky songs and songs from their old bands (Oil, Rudy + Blitz, Foreign Objects, Wet Slit...) But just buy IDR and Volume 1... You will never regret it for a second.