COMIC Civil War

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by redlxn, Mar 31, 2006.

1. redlxn

redlxn New Member

I think we should have a civil war folder where we collect all the tie in's an such. also i wonder which heros would side with the registration act...?

2. axio

axio New Member

Against: Iron Man
    For: Captain America
    Caught in Middle: Spider-Man

3. Pyrdwein

Pyrdwein New Member

You need to read the New Avengers Illuminati on OTComixCrew Axio, I think it might suprise you.

4. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

This really looks like it's going to be one of those great arcs. Wonder if there will be any deaths.

5. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Looks like its going to be the opposite....except for Spidey of course.

6. axio

axio New Member

Whoa, I got it backwards :rofl:

Why is Tony Stark rolling over, wtf is going on?

7. drakarch

drakarch New Member

Poor spidey... after everything he's been through...

*SPOILER*

(mainly the promise)

8. redlxn

redlxn New Member

i think cap and spidey would both be against

9. lazyjk

lazyjk Uncle Sam wants you for the NEW Freedom Fighters!!

In his heart I think he is, but I think he is probably torn between his true feelings and his feeling of gratefulness to Tony for all he has done for him

10. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

just read the Illuminati i bought today. holy hell i cant wait :eek3:

11. Pyrdwein

Pyrdwein New Member

Yeah I could see some strain coming in that relationship soon. Personally I think Spidey has some of the most to lose by coming out in the open.

12. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

I'm pretty sure most would agree that Spidey is against it, but to add to the drama the writers would flip it the other way around.

13. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

If the Civil War storyline had happened in DC, which members of the JLA would be on the government's side? Superman? Batman would definitley be against.

14. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

superman would never go for that and superheros are much more respected in DC anyway

15. lazyjk

lazyjk Uncle Sam wants you for the NEW Freedom Fighters!!

although everything has changed with infinite crisis:noes:

16. Jesterkiller

i also read the spiderman road to civil war issue that came out wednesday. pretty fucking cool. only thing im missing is the fantastic four road to civil war issue. the store was sold out of it :( ill have to get it when i go back thursday

17. backslide

backslide This space for rent. Inquire inside.

According to wikipedia, during the missing time of One Year Later, there was a Freedom of Power Treaty.

Sounds awfully similiar to the Super-Human Registration Act in the Marvel universe. :o

18. axio

axio New Member

DC has the lines between anti-heros and boy scouts pretty cleanly defined. So all the anti-heros would be against it and all the boy scouts would just fall in line.

Against: Batman, Green Arrow, etc
    For: Superman, Hal Jordan, etc

19. void

void oh yeah?

illuminati was fucking crazy...namor decking iron man, black panther kicking everyone out of his house, and dr strange pretty much telling reed richards and tony stark to fuck off :eek4:

cival war is going to be so much better then house of m :bowdown:

20. Jesterkiller

:werd::werd::werd:

21. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

And it's all going to be hosted here by OT Comic Crew. :bigthumb:

22. Hiero

Hiero New Member

Can you explain what Civil War is about and how it relates to illuminati?

23. Pyrdwein

Pyrdwein New Member

Civil War is going to polarize all the heroes, pitting them against each other, sparked over anger at the Super-Hero Registration Act. The Illuminati are a collection of some of the world's most powerful heroes, ie. Prof. X, Iron Man, Namor, Dr. Strange, etc who meet to discuss issues that are going to have effects on all of Earth, such as the aforementioned piece of legislation in the US. You can see the roots of the conflict which will start the Civil War in the New Avengers Illuminati special.

24. void

void oh yeah?

civil war will probably start out as a registration act put up by the government to oust the super-human and meta-human heros, by making them known to the government. the government SAYS the super-heros secrets will be safe with them, but everyone knows that's bullshit. the problem is, the normilizing of the super heros in the marvel universe. there is hardly any straight line, black and white super heros, every one of them has flaws and opinions that will be exposed and exploited in this arc. tony stark somewhat agrees with what's being put in place and put faith in his government, and he's givine peter his new suit and a job as his right hand man to secure the matter. i give spider-man a 80% chance that he's eventually going to cross iron man in favor of keeping his identity a secret, but it would be a fucking MAJOR plot twist if he publicly came out in the open, which i myself would never think he'd do, but i never figured the marvel writers would never fully explain wolverine's past either.

dr strange is totally against it, so is namor, black bolt, and the black panther as was written in illuminati. the whole comic was about the gathering of earth's greatest super heros, figures, and greatest minds to combine forces against threats against the entire globe...dr strange, reed richards, black bolt(king of the inhumans), tony stark, namor, professor x ( pre house of m, he's still missing since then), and the black panther. they gather during certain times over the past few years and decide on certain events that would effect the planet, like the fate of the hulk (setting up to battle the fake rouge satellite on the moon, then exhiling him from the earth to a new planet like in his current series). in the new avengers, you see them gather when tony comes to them about rejoining the avengers, and you see them gather in illumiati about the super-human registration act.

what has me kinda feeling crazy about this is captian america, for the time being tony is FOR the registraion, but is currently trying to shape it for the better. he approves for now, but has already stated either doing this the right way or going with option B, which would definatly end up violent. what if he gets captain america on his side, only to turn on the act later in the arc. captain america is always putting his country first and should likely fight FOR it (but has told heros of him giving up the stars and stripes costume before, so he may do it again), but the advertising has him back to back against iron man. i swear, the writers could do 4+ comics alone on a battle between captian america and iron man.

i could talk about this for days, i didn't think they could top House of M... i'm hoping i'm wrong :hs: :x:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  25. redlxn

redlxn New Member

black panther hasn't sided yet on the registration act, just that he won't be a part of the illuminati.

i just had a thought too. what if spiderman was against the act, but was outted against his will, like something built into the new suit.