Civic A/C help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by parabola, Jun 6, 2007.

1. parabola

parabola New Member

I have a 1995 Civic that I use as my daily driver. The A/C works, but not very well. It's charged properly, the compressor kicks in, it blows cold, but not cold enough. I can get it to blow about 60 degrees but that is no where near enough to get the car cooled down on 90 degree days.

I had a shop look at it and they said it had no leaks and their only guess was that the compressor was "weak". :hsugh: The compressor is a fairly new OEM (the owner had the stealership replace it a few months before I bought the car) so I'm not quite convinced on that diagnosis.

Any ideas?

2. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

I'm guessing you're just expecting too much from it. It's a small car. My civic was the same way and would take forever to cool down. My brother's mini is even worse. Just get used to it, and roll down the windows for about 30 seconds when you first get in the car to let a lot of the heat escape.

3. miahmouse

miahmouse crash test dummy

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1665946
    that thread should answer all your questions. My guess is air in the system or the dryer is bad. Also check to see that the condenser fan is coming on and that the condenser fins aren't all flat...

4. parabola

parabola New Member

Thanks! I'll check those out! :bigthumb: