Citrix setup issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Alt+F4, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

I'm brand spaking new at this, so bear with me.

Brand new W2K3 server, Metaframe XPa FR3 SP3. The purpose of this one server is to serve up the connectivity for a financial accounting software package on another, identical, 2K3 server. Right now I have the licensing all squared away and I can log onto the server from my home machine. There are two icons on the desktop, one for each of the databases we'll be using with the application. What is happening now, however, is that when you click one of them, on the client side, nothing happens. However, on the server console, it brings up the login screen for the application. I tried a few different things at home last night, and when I arrived at work this morning, there were about 15 login screens on the console. Yet nothing showed on the ICA client side.

The icons look like this:

Target: "M:\Program Files\FourJs\gdc\bin\gdc.exe" -n -M -S "MUNIS Train"
    Start In: "M:\Program Files\Fourjs\gdc\bin"
    Shortcut key: None
    Run: Normal Window

Will any of these settings affect what I am trying to do? FWIW, gdc.exe is the client side of the application, and 'munis train' is the database.

Thanks.

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Which Citrix client are you using? Are you attempting to simulate a complete desktop, or just the application?

3. Alt+F4

Well ultimately I want to just publish the application, but for now I'm going to set it up to view the entire desktop, with links to the application. I have until the end of next week to get the client installed in several locations, so I figure the desktop was the easier way to go.

On my home machine (that I control via PC Anywhere to simulate outside logins) is running Program Neighborhood 7.1, and connecting to my server's IP address via HTTP+TCP/IP. In the application tab of that connection's properties, I haven't put anything in there, if that means anything.

4. Scoob_13

Is it everything that opens on the Citrix Desktop (like Notepad, word, Outlook, etc.) that opens on the console, or just that one piece of accounting software?

5. Alt+F4

It's just that accounting software. I was just adding that to this same question that I posted on mycitrix.com :)

Calc.exe and notepad.exe open up fine...so I suspect it's that "n -M -S "MUNIS Train"" line that's causing me problems...

6. Scoob_13

Try creating a batch file that launches your application, and then create a shortcut on the desktop to the batch file.

7. Alt+F4

Tried it, no dice. Still opens up on the server's monitor, not on the ICA connection.

And someone on another board said to reinstall the accounting program while the server was in install mode...so I tried that, put it back into execute mode, and still doesn't work correctly.

8. Scoob_13

If you RD into the Win2k3 server, does it open in that TS session:?