GUN Citizens Shoot Back When Confronted by Robbers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 25, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jun 9, 2004
    Citizens Shoot Back When Confronted by Robbers
    Last Edited: Thursday, 24 Jan 2008, 4:20 PM CST
    Created: Thursday, 24 Jan 2008, 4:20 PM CST
    By Lauren Johnson

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WHBQ FOX13 --
    In two separate incidents Wednesday night and early Thursday morning, two suspects were shot by the people they planned to attack. One of the men died at the hands of the homeowner who confronted him in the garage behind the home. The shooting happened in the 800 block of Avalon. People living in the Midtown neighborhood said they're fed up and ready to fight back.

Devin Douglas said Avalon Street is usually quiet and problems are few and far between. He said he was surprised by the incident at a neighbor's early Thursday morning.

"The homeowner here confronted a burglary suspect," said Lt. Don Crowe, Memphis Police Department. "There was a confrontation. During the confrontation, the homeowner shot the suspect."

"The criminal is allowed to carry a gun, why not get licensed and carry one to protect yourself," asked Douglas. "The police can't be everywhere."

Jay Pontius, who lives in the neighborhood, was a victim of crime back in 2006. A man broke into his home and threatened his life.

"Put the .45 between my eyes, told me he was going to shoot me, but he didn't shoot me," he said.

He said he was saved by grace and is now working to get a permit to carry a gun.

"It's sad that it has come to this, that people have to take matters into their own hands, but if there's an invasion on your property or a threat on your life, then you have to do what you have to do," he said.

Neighbors who declined to go on camera said there is crime in their neighborhood, but they believe the trouble is coming from a few blocks away.

"Any time there has been a crime committed here, it's from an outside source," said Pontius. "If you go two blocks over, there are, it gets pretty rough over there."

Devin Douglas disagrees, but he does agree with Pontius about protecting yourself.

"I'm not saying be a vigilante, but take care of yourself, watch what you're doing," he said.

In South Memphis there was another case of vigilante justice at 124 East Peebles. Police said an intruder was shot by the owner of Hall Feed and Supply.

Investigators said the two broke into the store just after 11 Wednesday night.

The owner pulled out a gun and started shooting. The two men took off, but police said one of the would-be robbers was shot.

Police are looking into whether a gunshot victim dropped off at Methodist South is the man who was shot in the robbery attempt.
  2. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Apr 18, 2007
  3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    in texas? probably not.
  4. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 Active Member OT Supporter

Jun 15, 2003
    lol you can shoot a motherfucker here at night that's trying to break into your car.

You can ccw in your car here too with no permit.
  5. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Apr 19, 2007

t1h Guest

7. MikeEagle12

MikeEagle12 New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    You post some great article man, have actually been using a few of them over at The Order of Men