Circuit City To Carry Eclipse Products

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by funkbucket007, Jan 6, 2006.

1. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 New Member

Announced at CES yesterday. :sadwavey:

2. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

hahah oh noes

3. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

that's cool, I guess.

4. GSteg

GSteg Member

Eclipse is gonna turn retarded now.

Soon enough, Alpine F#1 status will be instock at every single Best buy:hsugh:

5. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

my thoughts exactly... as soon as best try picked alpine their build quality went down significantly.

6. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

Too bad my friend quit working there, if they went for accomodations I could have had a sweet hook up.

7. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

:rofl: their quality went down??? their products are still bullet proof for us. :dunno:

8. veonake

What would it matter to you if it was? In the end it would be good for the consumer because if anything, prices will go down.

9. GSteg

GSteg Member

Part of owning the F#1 status is the exclusiveness and quality. Each F#1 status processor and deck are hand assembled and ran through rigorous tests before going to dealers. If Alpine were to mass produce the F#1 status, then hand assembled isn't an option anymore. Either they would get more assemblers, or switch to machine assembled. Owning an F#1 product is like owning a Ferrari Enzo. If ferrari decided to make 3453452 of them, sure the price can come down, but then it wouldn't be as special anymore. A lot of it has to do with status symbol and being different than anyone else on the block. Some people could care less, but for those who cares, it's a different story.

Making 20,000 headunits vs 200,000 headunits, more decks are bound to have problems in the 200k batch just because of volume alone. :o

10. veonake

Are you a rep for Alpine or something? Sorry, but the F1 product line will not become mass produced unless prices go WAY down. And, while I believe prices would go down, they would not go down to the level where there is a huge market for them. Also, if everyone thought as you do, there would only be an even larger class gap between those who can afford nice things, and those who can't.

11. GSteg

GSteg Member

No.

You are taking this too seriously. My initial post was merely a sarcasm (hence the smilie) of how most of the "higher end" products are appearing at large chain stores.

12. veonake

lol, re-read your second post and then tell me who took it too seriously.

13. GSteg

GSteg Member

I was just stating facts about why it would affect me :hsughw:

14. Harry V. Gina

Harry V. Gina How did your family do in Katrina?

Best Buy and Circuit City are unlikely to be carrying any manufacturers top-of-the-line products because that is not what their customers are looking for.

CE firms will usually restrict a retailer to certain product lines based on that retailers customer demographic, and level of expertise and service. In fact they will often create product lines specifically for a mass retailer.

For instance, Magnolia Home Theater (now located inside many Best Buys)carries Martin-Logan speakers, but they only display the lower-end models, can probably order higher-end models if a customer pays in advance, but under no circumstances could they sell someone a $120,000 Statement system because the level of expertise and service required to install the system is more than what they can provide.

So, in short, you don't need to worry about Alpine compromising the quality of their flagship product just because they are selling through Bestbuy.

15. GSteg

GSteg Member

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The only large chain store that carries any high-end stuff around here is Good guys. Then again, they've closed down to merge with CompUSgay. :o

16. twistid

alpine left CC for BB for a reason, and hopfully equits figures this out soon.

17. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i guess you didn't sell very many 9851,53 and 55s... the entire batch had a recall due to the motorized face.

18. twistid

we sold plenty 51's and 53's, none came back. :dunno: the 51's came in second of our top selling decks last year. in 05 we sold like a total of 8 panasonic, and 57 pioneer... the rest alpine, with only 2 05 headunits going back for tuner problems.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  19. GSteg

GSteg Member

my local dealer has a lot of 9851/9853s coming back for warranty work. :noes:

20. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

how many decks did you sell in 05 apx? 57 in a year sounds really low for pioneer... my god pioneer is so popular out here i cant keep it in stock.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  21. twistid

going by the fact we had our strongest 1st quarter in the 26 years of business, and our second strongest second quarter... totally off the top of my head, i'd guess between 500 and 525... alpine was too strong this year here, they offered a deck in each price point with no gaps finally. we're shocked at the low numbers for both pioneer and panasonic. we've been a dealer for alpine products longer than most of our customers have been alive(we have 2nd and 3rd gen customers)... and never seen a stronger year for alpine headunit numbers. all our reps are taken back when they come in the store, because we sit deep in stock... because even though we're in a small market, we still pull good numbers.

22. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

wow that is really good. good for you guys... alpine is fairly popular out here but we've been goign with kenwood, eclipse and pioneer premier. pioneer is by far our most popular radio followed by eclipse and kenwood. i'm personally a big fan of eclipse and their margin levels are fan freaking tastic.