Cingular with Business discount

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Brieldo, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Brieldo

Brieldo Bigger than you are.

Guys,
    My mom has been thinking about getting a cingular plan for our family for awhile and she found out last night that because she works for the Mayo Health System she is entitled to a discount through Cingular. The discount is as follows:

45% off equipment
    24% off monthly service

Would this equipment discount apply to 2 year contract prices, or...?

Also, she sent me the email that she got but it doesnt contain a specific number to use when signing up for service, etc...where would you ascertain this number if there is one?

Thanks in advance!

2. unrealdigital

unrealdigital OT Supporter

Well, I'm not sure how you're mothers Health discount works.

But when I worked at Circuit City, we would get 24% off our bill every month. It was every month for as long as you have the account. No contract limitations.

I think you're mother may be able to get a contract on a family share plan and get a discount on the entire bill every month. Good stuff.

*edit: We used sprint and verzion...never cingular but I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same.

3. Brieldo

Brieldo Bigger than you are.

Yeah, that soudns like what it is. Im think there's still a contract agreement, however. Anyway, Im gonna look into this more.

B

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

the percentage off of equipment is off FULL RETAIL price. So if you do a 2yr contract and get a phone for a 2yr price, you don't get the % off of that price. Only the full retail price.

Thats how it is in my store, and its corp. owned. We use RWOF to determine FAN discounts.

5. go to www.xalient.com they actually pay you $ to activate a phone through them. You might actually end up coming ahead of if you went through your mums thingy.