Cingular V600 Recall replacement question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YelloWRX, Oct 2, 2004.

1. YelloWRX

YelloWRX Sonic Yellow...Bitch!

My wife has a V600 and had been getting adequate service until recently and hasn't replaced her phone. Since this past week she started getting service in areas she previously hadn't - but the phone freezes up on almost all incoming calls now...

If we swap, is the permanent replacement ready (i.e..we swap for a 551 or 620 and that's that) ...or do we have to do two swaps (they send a 400 in the meantime then swap again when the 551 or 620 is ready) ?

Thanks...

2. Samuel_Adam

Samuel_Adam New Member

speak english?

3. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

That's funny. Cingular wants people to believe its a recall on the phone. Last I saw on a bulletin that Motorola and Cingular were having contract disputes. Apparently everything is clear and ok....I love what companies feed their employees.

Tell your wife to reboot (powercycle) the phone the when her phone starts acting up. A master reset is also helpful as well.

4. YelloWRX

Phone was replaced with another v600... It still freezes when on ATT towers...

I read something about cingular phones being programmed to drop calls when handing off from a cing tower to a roam or between roams...

5. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

When the transition phase of Cingular's hostile takeover of AT&T, there won't be anymore of those problems. The whole process will take 6 months. contact sung at www.globalmob.com Tell him mobilezen sent you. He will be able to help you on many levels about the v600.

6. YelloWRX

thx

:wavey: