Cingular 8125 hotmail help..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mac scootch, Oct 4, 2006.

1. mac scootch

mac scootch Anti-Square

i just started using my 8125 to send/retrieve messages through hotmail (through pocket msn). i did a send/recieve and what happened was, it erased all my inbox messages, as well as my saved messages (even in my customized folders):squint: . i was lucky i had nothing of great importance in my hotmail account. i ran a couple tests, and it seems to erase every thing that is marked "read" in my account. is there a way to stop the dam thing from doing this, or am i just shit out of luck?

for now, i vowed never to use that godforsaken feature. (and it killed about 35% of my battery in 15 minutes.)

2. GreyRS

GreyRS Your ignorance cramps my conversation.

Check your settings to see if you have it set up to leave a copy on your server. If you don't that could be it.

3. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

get a real mail provider maybe? :dunno: :o

all kidding aside, it must be a setting. I've never seen that or heard of it and i have lots of customers with hotmail on their 8125 through msn :dunno:

4. murderer

murderer ****** by ***** *********s

i have an 8125 and use my business pop accnt and an old hotmail also, the problem is within your outlook. you have to tell outlook to leave a copy on the server, easy fix!

5. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Hope you didn't get suckered into the PDA Connect that's way overpriced. If you're not VPN'ing anywhere, just get media net.