SRS cigarettes

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by poonharpoon, Aug 10, 2007.

1. poonharpoon

poonharpoon New Member

i know this has been done a lot on here but, i recently quit (august 2nd)

and i have talked a lot of people who have, and they said. oh it's gonna suck for a while but it gets better pretty quick.

im not REALLY coming here to ask for help. except i quit smoking, and since i told myself im not going to do it anymore, i really haven't REALLY had any kind of craving for a cigarette. it's really weird, because i have tried to quit before. and would ALWAYS go back obviously. I was sick for about a week and a hald leading up to my bday on the 1st. it was my 21st so i smoked some cigarettes in the club. because i was fucking smashed. well the next day i lit one up and by the time i was half way done with it, i had a massive headache. and i decided that i was done with it. since then i haven't craved one. although i have found myself for a few days there being a complete dick to my g/f, but she understands because i had been smoking since i was 14.

anyhow, i just though i would share that and see if anyone else has had a similar experience with quitting something.

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i just want to tell you, i had my last smoke about 6 months ago...and it gets worse before it gets better. and you get fat.

3. QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts New Member

Thats a true story.
    The second time I quit smoking I gained alot of weight.
    Its because smoking decreases your appetite. You eat more when you're not smoking.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

the craving is in the cigarette

as long as you don't smoke the cigarette, you won't feel the craving

you gain weight partly because of appetite suppression (lack of), partly because cigarettes are a CNS stimulant (you burn more calories when you smoke), and partly because your sense of smell comes back so food is more appealing

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I couldn't disagree more.

Smoking is much more than a physical addiction to the drug nicotine. There is a HUGE physical component to it....playing with cigs, ashing them, deep breathing and more. When I started looking at this physical side of my smoking addiction and taking steps to address these things, that's when I was able to truly quit.

I've been smoke free for over 8 years now and I was a pack-a-day smoker for 10 years before that.

6. poonharpoon

poonharpoon New Member

Update:

been doing great so far, it has been about a month now with not even 1 cig. haven't had a craving in about 3 weeks, and already can feel myself breathing SOOOO much easier, i had forgotten what is was like to be able to breathe this good. although for about 2 weeks there i was constantly coughing up a substance that was just a little thicker than spit.

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

give it another couple months and it really starts to suck :hsd:

8. LiveSideways

LiveSideways Two bitches at the same time, synchronized swimmer

I've gained about 13 pounds over the last three months.... Sucks, but I feel so much more energetic.

9. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

so if i quit smoking, and start working out. the weight i gain will turn into muscle. sounds like a good trade off to me. but i only smoked for about 1 and a half years. i doubt ill be affected much by quitting as much as everyone else on here. i tried to quit before but i always end up getting really antsy when i dont have a ciggerett.

10. LiveSideways

I only smoked for about two years and I still to this day crave them. I think I just miss having something to do while waiting for misc shit.

11. poonharpoon

poonharpoon New Member

:werd:

that's the worst part.

i went to a midnight showing of "superbad" when it came out, and while we were waiting in line to get into the theater, everyone i was with was smoking. i then realised that i was missing having something to do, when i was standing around bullshitting with people.

12. LiveSideways

Yeah, exactly. I've thought about getting some sort of piercing to fill the oral fixation, but I haven't figured out how to do so without looking emo and/or gay. I usually just wind up playing games on my phone, which isn't socially acceptable in any sort of peer group.

13. maybeitsyou

maybeitsyou New Member

i believe a lot of my current addiction to cigarettes is just to keep me from being bored at random times. too bad theres nothing else 'cool' to do.