SRS cigarettes are ruining my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by victimizati0n, Mar 31, 2008.

1. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

this really sucks, i cant find any motivation to quit

i smoke about a pack a day, which is fucking horrible.

i started smoking to relieve the stress of my life, but now it is just causing me stress.

when i tell myself im going to quit i end up smoking more, and when im forcing myself not to smoke i get really fucking nervous

i smoke more when i am stressed out, and i give myself reasons why i am stressed

my body seems to have adapted to a certain schedule and if im not smoking when i usually do i get really nervous

anything i can really do? maybe take anxity pills so im not getting all nervous and shit?

i have no idea

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

It's not easy to quit. Everyone gets nervous when they quit smoking...but it'll pass. Search this forum...there's already plenty of threads about quitting.

3. cope

cope GETONMYHYPE

i did it
    not one since Nov

it took me many times but trust me... its worth it
    fuck cigs!@

4. Coottie

Yep me too. I was a pack-a-day smoker for 10 years of my life. I haven't had even 1 cig for about 8 or 9 years now.

It's not easy staying quit but it's totally possible. Lots of good advice in this forum.

5. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

do you still have urges and stuff?

i used to smoke way back in the day when i was a teenager, but i never got fully hooked on it and quit, but i would crave them so badly back then

6. Coottie

No cravings pass. Nicotine is a drug and one of the more addictive drugs. Getting clean from that carries many of the same issues as getting clean from any substance.

Cigs also have a HUGE tactile component tho. Understanding and addressing that, was the key that finally helped me get and stay clean of cigs.

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Nicotine is a powerful anti-psychotic drug, that's why you get edgy when you don't have it.

What worked for me was when I had managed to stop for about a week or so, and then my chest started hurting like the way it hurts when you have bronchitis and you cough -- except it felt like that for days. It was so bad I was taking four Aleve a day just to be able to get work done at the office. That got the message across, about how much damage I had done, and that made it easier to stay quit.

8. zhiniibob

zhiniibob CLUB ASTROS NOW OPEN OT Supporter

1 a night for a couple months helped me not to have near as bad of urges when i quit cold turkey..

try dipping for the first week or so

9. Coottie

DO NOT DO THIS.

Talk to anyone addicted to dip or chew. It's WAY more concentrated nicotine than cigs and they will tell you, it's much harder to kick that stuff than smoking. Jesus Christ....did you even think before posting this advice??

10. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I have quit smoking numerous times. I train, and I workout a lot. If im not doing that im smoking, because well.. I love to smoke..

Every single time I quit I fail about 20 times (exaggerating) but I dont stop trying. Eventually I will feel a certain way and make the change.

With me I have to change something, I have to make my diet good, keep busy, get more organized.. train and workout way harder.

Replace the habit with a habit that counters it that you like and you'll be motivated to quit over time.

11. zhiniibob

meh i started dipping in HS during baseball about 5 years ago, i dip a lot at times but mainly when im sitting around bored. i also quit for a while without noticing, then ill go through 4ish cans a month. ive never felt addicted. Jesus christ you sound fucking ignorant, have you ever dipped before??

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  12. deusexaethera

Have you ever tried to not use it even when you're bored? Unless you can stop under all circumstances, you haven't quit.

13. Coottie

"quit for a while" is very subjective....hours, days, months or years? If your answer is anything but months or years at a time, you're fooling yourself about being addicted to the stuff.

Nicotine addiction is not subjective. It's very well known and documented and it's caused many people problems.

Your defense of this drug makes you sound much more ignorant than I....but it's understandable because you're also a UT fan. :mamoru: Perhaps you should google more.

Your experience isn't the norm. Pretty much every single dipper I've know that has tried to quit has had enormous problems and difficulties quitting. In fact, I can't even name one person that dipped regularly for a period of time then tried to quit that was able to just let it go.

14. zhiniibob

um yea i go almost a year without a can and dont think about it, i get bored a lot in those times...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  15. zhiniibob

weird. my brother also quits for a while (month or two) when he gets too busy w baseball andshit too, i guess i was off. the longest ive quit for is probably 8ish months without thinking about it. i always figured it wasnt as addictive, plus i said he should do it for the first week at tops just to get rid of the hands to mouth smoking addiction. you sound mad bc yall sucked at basktball this year :mamoru: i know we choked too, but later down the road :o

esp at football :o

16. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

word..

17. Scoop

Scoop New Member

congrats. smoking is fucking gross. luckily for me, i dont have an addictive personality when it comes to cigs. never got into them, they smell like shit, taste like shit...never got it.

keep up the good work man.

18. deusexaethera

I got around this problem by smoking vanillas and cloves for most of the time I smoked. People in class would say things like "dude, were you smoking cloves? Damn, that smells good."

Not that I'm saying it's a great idea, though. But if you could give a shit about your health and only cared about the smell, well...people came up with a solution to that a long time ago.

19. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I actually have the same problem.
    I don't smoke as much, but I smoke often enough that I know it bothers me to a certain degree. One of the hardest reasons why it's hard for me to quit smoking is because I smoke when I'm angry. That's how I deal with my anger, and it usually allows me to cool off.

Without the cigarettes, I don't know what will really help me get over my anger when I have it. I've tried doing a lot of things, like breathing in and out, just being alone, doing something else, but it never seems to work. Just being outside, smoking, and all that seems to work the best.

I'm trying to quit with nicotine patches, but haven't bought any yet. I'm just wondering how well those work.