Chrome wheel care.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by go2cdmb, May 5, 2005.

1. go2cdmb

go2cdmb New Member

I have Adr Xclusive chrome 20's on my R/t Dakota. These are my first chrome wheels. Can you please help me with any tips you have to care for, clean, maintain these wheels. I live in upstate NY, and this is a daily driver. What produsts should I be using and what cloths? Should I be polishing or waxing periodically, and how often? Currentyl I'm spraying them at the car wash with the soap then rinse. I then just wipe them down. It seems like I may be gatting real early pit signs. It's starting to seem like a bad idea, all the worrying about them lol. It has been raining a lot and they have been getting pretty dirty. I would apprecaite your time in any effort ladies/fellas!!!!!!!!!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Just use car wash soap to keep them clean. If the wheels are coated, just a regular wax will help protect them, or Poorboy's Wheel Sealant is pretty good too. If the wheels are not coated, then you will still have to keep them waxed but also polish them out a couple times a year. Do not let brake dust build up on them.

3. go2cdmb

go2cdmb New Member

Thanks, I'm going to need to ask the wheel co. if they are coated.