Chip Boosts in Near Future

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GearHead, Jul 1, 2007.

1. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

Hey Mac Shack, got a fast question that I [think] I know the answer too...

I am running a PowerBook G4 with 1.25 GHz Processor and 768 MB of RAM and planned to upgrade to a MacBook Pro before I went to college this fall. I know the specs were boosted a few weeks ago, but I was wondering if anyone had heard about another one before about the middle of September. I figured that, coming from a decently slow machine, I would just upgrade now so I can get everything preloaded and good to go (including Leopard, student developers FTW). The only reservation I would have is if the specs got bumped again in mid August or if the price dropped (I heard rumors of Intel slashing processor costs...dunno if it's legitimate).

Of course, coming from a machine like this, ANYTHING with a C2D is probably going to feel like lightning...

So what do you think? Thanks!

2. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

with apple, you can wait yourself into next year if you dont just buy something. its the way the game goes with them, but usually you never regret it.

3. ady

ady New Member

The chance of the specs being changed before next year are remote to say the least. There is no new mobile processor comming until at least late January/February according to the majority of sources. Now is a great time to buy.

4. Bona Fide

Bona Fide Guest

The Macbooks and iMacs will both be receiving Santa Rosa upgrades in the fall, to coincide with the release of Leopard.

This is assuming that Leopard isn't further delayed.

5. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

I'm going with a MacBook Pro though, so it already has Santa Rosa.

6. Tvan

Tvan New Member

I just got a 15" 2.4 GHZ MBP and I'm loving it. I set it up in a few hours so that I was able to do work the next day when I left for vacation. :bowdown: