SRS Chigger bites and diphenhydramine interactions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PukeyCute, Jun 20, 2006.

1. PukeyCute

PukeyCute New Member

I have:
    Thirty+ chigger bites (that's the larval stage for a tiny and otherwise harmless mite, you racist fucks)
    Six tubes of ineffective diphenhydramine-based ointments
    A package of Benadryl

The Benadryl sez: Don't use with any other product that has diphenhydramine, even ones used on skin.

The ineffective ointments sez: Don't use with any other product that has diphenhydramine, even ones taken orally.

If I take the Benadryl (which is pure diphenhydramine) without washing the ineffective ointments off (which are mostly diphenhydramine), is my skin going to melt/implode/do something fucked up, or is this yet another warning label thing I can more or less ignore?

I'm asking because I'm only taking the pills because I need to be able to sleep through the night, and Benadryl's the only non-scary thing that can knock me out without a prescription. If it also stops the damn itching (which I sincerely doubt), well, groovy, but I need to sleep for more than three hours before I wake up scratching and crying out of frustration.

Cliffs: What's the deal with oral Benadryl warning me off from using it in conjunction with a topical diphenhydramine-based ointment?

2. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

Pill dosage? Does the itch cream stuff say how much of it is Diphenhydramine?

3. PukeyCute

PukeyCute New Member

25mg dosage per pill. I'll be taking two.

2% diphenhydramine for all of the ointments, if they have it at all.

EDIT: Took the pills anyway, couldn't wait. Uh. Will update later.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006