chicks = confusing

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sixers, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Sixers

Sixers OT Supporter

Alright first a little background. I just moved out of my small hometown down to a large metropolitan city and as of right now I am staying with my sister. Before I moved down I was speaking to this girl via facebook. I went to high school with this girl actually "dated" her in like 9th grade. Fooled around with her later on in high school. Never slept with her. She now lives in the area which I moved to and gave me her number via facebook so we could maybe hang out sometime.

Fast forward to present I have been texting with this girl quite a lot. I know its kinda childish but she is always texting me and it almost seems like she doesnt want me to call her thats the reason I havent btw i am 24. Anyway I have thrown out the idea via text messages to hang out and it seems like every time I do she has an excuse why she cant. I even was out one night in her area of the city and earlier she said she would meet up with me but then came up with some excuse why she couldnt. Same thing happened this past week when we were supposed to meet up for drinks after she was done work one day.
    So now she has asked me to hang out with her and some people she works with on St Pattys day and I guess ill go but i dont even know if it worth it at this point. What do you guys think her deal is? my buddy is convinced she just like the attention and likes having someone to text i guess. The thing is I dont necessarily have feelings for her but she is attractive and I would like to hang out with her and see if there is still any chemistry. Yet, even when she throws out these excuses she will still text me the next day and flirt.
    I dunno if this made sense its late and i feel like i was just rambling...

2. poz

poz New Member

I'd call her to ask her to hang out before I ever considered texting her to hang out, but that's just me.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Call her and ask her to hang out. Texting shows very little initiative and a lack of confidence.

You already know her, have known her for a while... Just call her up and set a date.

4. Sixers

Sixers OT Supporter

I mean I understand that but for some reason I get a weird vibe cause she is always texting me so I figure I just throw the idea out on there. Maybe shes waiting for me to call her who knows...

5. Sixers

Sixers OT Supporter

I'm supposed to hang out with her and people she works with on St Pattys but I dont know if I want to. I dunno if i can get any of my buddies to come with me and it might be uncomfortable to hang out with her and a bunch of people she works with. Shes an occupational therapist and i just moved to the area and am currently unemployed and collecting hahaha

6. poz

poz New Member

:werd: Whenever girls text me, i immediately call them unless i know they are busy and can't talk on the phone. I honestly hate texting people unless I can't talk on the phone at the time.

7. Sixers

Sixers OT Supporter

Might seem weird now cause I didnt set that precedent and have been texting with her alot.

8. poz

poz New Member

Not really. Next time she texts you, just give her a call and say you're doing whatever and would like her to join you.

9. Ago816

Ago816 New Member

Try ignoring her a little bit. Just continuing to text is feeding her attention so she thinks you are in the bag. Act like you have better things to do than sit there and text her constantly

10. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

As much as I don't believe in playing games, it's because I don't have to to be successful. Some people do. Like you. You're obviously somewhat desperate and inexperienced. Take your time texting her back. Come up with an excuse for why you can't hang on st. pattys day. Give it a week without contact, then call her out of the blue and ask her to join you in (insert activity here). She'll jump at the opportunity. If she doesn't? Then she isn't worth your time.

11. Sixers

Sixers OT Supporter

liking the advice brother.

12. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

it is true that nothing ruins your chances faster than being too keen. if you play the other card and fake disinterest then girls will see through it. the only sure-fire way of being successful with women is to genuinely not give a fuck. talk to them, don't ignore them by any means.. but if you are talking to a few women and one of them is being a tart and playing games leave her alone for a bit and then she'll come back into line. if she doesn't, get rid of her and spend your time with the others.

the one mistake i have made time and time again is having one girl that i'm interested in. always aim to have 3 or 4, it stops oneitis in its tracks.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First of all, tell yourself right now that no real relationship will come of this girl.

Done? Ok good

Now, cut down the texting, but go out with her and her friends on St. Patty's Day. If anything it will be a great way to meet people in a new city. Sure, essentially I'm saying use her, but really that's what she's doing with you now :dunno:

14. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Reminds me something called He's Just Not That Into You. Ever heard of it?

15. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

this is exactly what i came to say.

forget analyzing the act of going out with her!

"just fucking do it dammit"

now go, and report back how it went.

16. Sixers

Sixers OT Supporter

Alright so I been ignoring this chick since sat and she texted late tonight just hey. I responded had a short convo and let it go. St Pattys day didnt come up. I am curious why you guys think no "real" relationship can come out of this? I dont really care about that to be honest with you. I think with our history there is the potential of a physical relationship or at least a hook up and i am alright with that. Dont think i am interested in a serious relationship I just moved here and i am trying to keep all options open although I have been here a month and i have yet to cop a number I have been going to bars and shit on the weekends but always choke asking for a number.