MMA chicago: flo mma v. xtreme couture

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by smell my finger, Jul 26, 2009.

1. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

2. ZZex

ZZex New Member

It helps to know why you didn't like POW. POW is heavy on no-gi. Dino his the Rickson mindset. Cool guy though.

I've never heard of xtreme couture that much. Based on their website, the instructor is Gabe Salinas-Jones. I have no clue what belt he is and who's he under.

BUT With FLO, I've heard of them. The instructor Comprido is THE best in the area. I can't think of anyone else in the area with as much experience as him. I'd go to FLO without a doubt. Plus they are team BRASA which is a pretty strong group. It's basically under the same umbrella as Jacare with Alliance.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  3. TCMS

TCMS OT Supporter

Comprido barely teaches from what I am told.

4. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

nice, thanks. I'll likely stop by both places but flo sounds good from what I've read.

with pow there was like two separate 'groups'. one were the guys that trained with dino all the time and seemed to have their own class schedule, the other was the general population of people that showed up and did the classes. I never really got 'in' to the cool group that got to train with for actual fights. plus pow was a pain in the ass to get to with no parking.

5. XJ3B

XJ3B wat

i left xtreme couture because there were stretches of times when no teacher would show up. sometimes more than a week straight.

ive heard theyve gotten it straightened out though. theyve been through like 5 muay thai teachers already.

gabe is a cool dude

6. ZZex

ZZex New Member

Damn, didn't know that. Were you there long? A friend of mine has been training there for a while. His name is Vince, stocky flip guy. Xguard is his thing. He :love: Dino. Maybe cause he was in the other group, who knows. I never went to POW but that area seems out of it

7. dragomungus

dragomungus New Member

:squint:

you were warned

8. ZZex

ZZex New Member

That's some real shady shit. It's like ditching work for a week without saying anything. I'd feel betrayed. At least gabe is a cool dude :hsugh: