Chevy Silverado?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Asthmatic, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Asthmatic

Asthmatic Guest

Any opinions on these trucks? Expescially the 01-02 Models. Looking at getting a crew cab stepside. Anything that could possibly change my mind?

Also what does ot think. Silverados or Tundras?

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

i dont think they make a crew cab step side... Iv never dealt with chevy full size. I personally own a Chevy S10 and a Dodge Ram with a Cummins. All i can say for sure is this, avoid the Tundra like the plague. That 4.7 just cant hack it. It has to be the worst full size motor out there.

3. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Tundra is an awesome truck.. and will last you your lifetime.

Chevy 1500 is a decent truck.. I've always been a fan.. but it's very old school.. even with the new ones coming out this year, they haven't changed in YEARS, especially the interior.

If you want a great crew cab, go either Dodge Ram or go Nissan Titan. Both trucks are AWESOME... and the Titan may be more bang for your buck (Car & Driver reports the Titan has 40 HP less, but is a full second quicker in the quarter then the HEMI)..

4. Asthmatic

Asthmatic Guest

I though a lot of people on the boards like the tundra. Bubba why do you say avoid it? That 4.7 puts out 247HP and 315 ft lbs of tq. The silverado only puts out 270HP 280 ft lbs tq. It has more torque but is lacking some HP, also it is smaller.

5. bubbaZR2

Il just keep my mouth shut. The tundra is a yuppie truck for people that think they know what they are talking about. Thats obviously the kind of people we have on this board. Go and get a tundra, knock yourself out. I love it when people shop for cars with "car and driver"

6. Asthmatic

Asthmatic Guest

Well give me some reasons why you think its a bad truck. You can talk smack on just about any truck but give it some reasoning.

7. DatacomGuy

:uh: I don't buy cars from Car and Driver. I simply quoted a HP rating that I got from their website. Dumbass.

If they were wrong all the time, why do they still exist?

The Tundra is an outstanding truck.. Very highly rated in almost every catagory, including safety and longevity. This truck will last you forever. No it's not a Hemi or a Titan.. but it is a sharp truck that has a lot to offer. If you're not towing a huge boat or a 2000lb payload, then the difference in numbers aren't going to effect you in daily driving.

Are you going to trust someone named bubba that drives an S10 to teach you about the Tundra? :rofl: Whatever floats your boat. Bubba obviously has it out for imports..

8. DatacomGuy

:werd:

I'm also a Chevy Truck guy.. although the flavor for trucks with me right now is the Ram (Hemi and 2500 Cummins).. Chevy just keeps disappointing me with their designing.

9. Johnny*MacBlayze

Johnny*MacBlayze wassup? shut up!

a tundra double cab is bigger than a silverado crew cab. these idiots who never driven a tundra dont know what the fuck theyre talkin about. it has a smaller engine yeah but it does just fine unless u gonna be towing a lot

10. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

It really depends on what you're going to be doing with it. Daily driver? Get whatever you think looks best, because what is under the hood is more or less inconsequential. GM will have the cheapest interior though, they always do. I'm a Ford guy, I love the F-150, so I'd go with that, but if it's not an option I'd definitely consider the Tundra over the Silverado. The Titan is right out.

11. bubbaZR2

I guess they are ok trucks, but you have to admit they are yuppie trucks. I have a 24v Cummins 6 speed. I use it as intended. There is no way i would consider a Tundra. I guess thats my problem. I expect too much from a truck.

12. DatacomGuy

Depends on what you need from it.. If you have a Cummins 6spd, chances are you need the power and torque of the diesel.. obviously, that's not the case for this gentleman. Tundra will be a great truck for anyone who needs a truck for personal enjoyment or light to medium towing and payload.

13. DatacomGuy

14. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: tundra is between an s10 and silverado on the size/capability scale.

15. SlimCutta M.D.

SlimCutta M.D. Sound of Revenge-10/25/05

I'm a chevy guy and love my new 3500 crew cab dually...so much leg and headroom and definetely bigger than the tundra

16. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

well, yeah. 3500 crew/dually is HUGE... comparing that to a tundra is like apples being compaired to oranges.

17. bubbaZR2

and thus the tundra sucks... would you want to have 7/8ths of a dick?

18. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

My uncle has an 03 Sierra 1500HD Crew Cab and there is a ton of room in the back, me (6'1"), my aunt (who's kinda big) and her bf (who's 6'3") all got into it very easily and with plenty of leg&head room. Its like a damn town car back there :bigthumb:

And as far as the interior goes, while it may not have any brushed accents or anything like that, you can get to & see everything pretty easily and you can get some nice comfortable leather seats in there too :)

19. Otto

Otto Who the hell do you think I am!?!?!?!

im a Chevy loyalist, my dad has a Tundra, nice truck i enjoy driving it, does fine for hauling our boat around(3000lbs 17ft) and hauls stuff around fine

you wont notice its size unless you really start hauling serious stuff and are rather large(my dad is 6' 240lbs) and he finds it to be far roomier, nicer and more comfortable than the Ram he had before that. Its quick enough and certainly doesnt feel underpowered, the tranny is kinda annoying, doesnt shift when i want it too, the chevy seems to read my mind as far as the tranny goes
    The tundra is perfect for people who dont need serious hauling and towning, but want a bit more comfort and dont want to bother with the slightly larger dimensions that the Big three + nissan offer

Personally Id take a Sierra over it, but thats just me, i like it more than all the others, though i wouldnt complain a bit if someone was to offer me a Tundra