Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Kcomps, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

I am planning on buying a used Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy. I am looking at models that are '98+. I would use it for trips to the mountains (love to snowboard), and around town to school or work. I am not worried about the gas or anything like that.

I am wondering about the positives and negatives about the car that you know of. Also, what would be a reasonable asking price for these cars. Thanks.

2. coma

coma New Member

We had an '01 at work and it was a miserable vehicle. It never ran right despite proper tune-ups etc. . At a MINIMUM, expect to replace the fuel pump.

3. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I have a love hate relationship with mine... when I first bought it I had nothing but troubles with it... went thru 2 transmissions, a rear end, several seat recliner handles, it rattles like crazy, about 3 idler arms, 2 sets of ball joints and a heater core..... I still have little quirky issues, but it's not nearly as bad. And for the money i spent when i bought it, I should have gotten a toyota.....

4. Freshjive

Freshjive New Member

Friend of mine has a 99 Jimmy... Minor problems since he's had it. I have an 05 with 25,000km on it; no problems.

5. Kcomps

Kcomps New Member

yeah I have read good and bad things about the Jimmy. I have been in business with a guy who wants to trade my 97 Nissan Altima with 122k for his 2000 Jimmy with 75k. Worth the trade?

6. Daemonfly

Daemonfly New Member

I've had a 94 Blazer & now have a 99 Jimmy. No problems other than a clunking in the front passenger, fixed by installing a spring washer in the hood hinge.

4.3 motors aren't the most gas efficient either.

7. DJ Quik

DJ Quik Vancouver 07/08 stanley cup champs!

The 4.3 isn't the most gas efficent by any means..... but i have one in my sierra and it goes like stink... the jimmy is smaller so i can only imagine the pep it would have.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

i have a 99 blazer (4dr) that I thrash around off-road. Decent rig. Reliable, and cheap to maintain. However, not very comfortable, rattles a lot, noisy, bad gas mileage -- all perfectly acceptable in an offroad rig, but not so good for a daily driver.