Chest and Back Acne

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by uptown josh, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uptown josh

uptown josh Active Member

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?? I've heard of using dandruff shampoo. Please any advice would be appreciated.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

showering more then one time a day and Neutrogena Clear Body wash.

lower the dose?

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Ive heard it was hit or miss, im not really prone to it but when i get some it usually works

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

shower right after you lift/get sweaty, cut out sugars... soda is the big one.

ALSO, always wear clean clothes, change your sheets on your bed every 2 weeks, and just be CLEAN!

Made a large improvement with me, but I stll have it.

5. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

accutane works great but I'd only reccomend it if you have it really bad or if it's on your face a lot too.

If it's just some then I'd try using less harsh soap and just shower once every day. A lot of people think that shower more and more and using stronger medicated soaps will get acne to go away, but in fact a lot of times those things increase the amount of acne a person gets. It differs for each person, but once I stopped washing my face with soap my acne (small amount sinc eI took accutane 5 years ago) has left my face.

edit: and changing sheets/pillow cases is very helpful too like ZXdrifter said

6. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

7. TZ

TZ Banned

isn't accutane for seriously bad acne? My friend took it and he said it was supposedly heavy duty acne medicine, you can't take it for more than 6 mo. in a row or something or else there are pretty bad side effects. :mamoru:

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah, they have to take blood samples every month to make sure your liver functions and cholesterol don't get super fucked. Side effects are typically super dry skin, super chapped lips, and it makes your acne worse for the first couple months.

I had super bad acne where I'd have these HUGE pimples on my face at all times and also some on my back and chest... took it and afterwards I could have bathed in grease and never would have broken out for the first couple years off of the stuff. Now it's been 4.5 years and I'm breaking out here and there like a normal 19 year old, but the pimples are small and go away with daily showering and avoidance of harsh soaps/cleansers. As for accutane, I loved it... My lips are still chapped all the time if I don't use chapstick, but other than that I've gotten over all of the side effects and was able to lead a normal teenage life for the few years after I took it.

9. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

Ya Im on it right now and the dry lips are very annoying. The acne has gotten alot better I have like 2 months left. My cholesterol has been perfect while Ive been on it

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

same here, I think those effects they check for are rare, just like the depression that people act like is deadly and incredibly common (well, that's what anti-accutane people say, and there's actually a lot of them)... but in cases where it is a side-effect, it can be huge risk.

11. yamaha_rgx

yamaha_rgx Guest

fish oil has helped my skin a lot.

12. cochise

cochise OT Supporter

hit the tanning bed.

13. Carrera

Carrera OT Supporter

Actually I found fish oil to be rougher on my skin. I have a fairly clean face but since I started fish oil 2 weeks ago, ive been breaking out around my cheeks and chest.

14. VinSVT

VinSVT New Member

15. jonno

jonno New Member

for chest/back look into 10% benzoyl peroxide. don't use 10% on your face though

16. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

what about ass?

17. jonno

jonno New Member

i took accutane also and i know a handful of others on f&n who have taken it. PM with questions if you'd like

18. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

let's just have the accutane discussion here.

i dont really get acne on my face.. but this test is fuckin up my back/shoulders..

i am thinking of telling my HRT doc to give me 20mg for a few months to see if i can get this shit cleared out.. whatcha think?

19. jonno

jonno New Member

you're going to have to ultimately make the decision if it's worth it or not. assuming your doc will even give you or CAN give you accutane. depending on your doc he may not be able to perscribe tane. you may have to go find a dermatologist that's willing to give it to you, which may be tough.

before you take it do research. it will suck for about 6 months while you're on it. you'll most likely need to do atleast a 4-5 month course for it to work. be prepared for very dry skin/lips.. facial flushing.. possible nose bleeds and mood swings.

20. TZ

TZ Banned

fuck, it doesn't even seem worth it unless you have an extremely bad case of acne...

21. jonno

jonno New Member

for some it is for some it isnt. and even if you want to take it for mild acne it may be very tough to find someone to perscribe it to you. a member here had VERY mild acne but got on it just because it was frustrating to have acne in your 20's...

22. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

my doc will perscribe me anything

23. jonno

jonno New Member

he may not be licensed to perscribe tane though

24. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

he's an M.D. he can prescribe whatever he wants.

he prescribes me test, adderall and wellbutrin (the adderall and wellbutrin i dont actually take)..

25. jonno

jonno New Member

i guess it's up to you then. just do some research

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.