Cherry juice effect and creatine question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by happybear, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happybear

happybear New Member

Has anyone ever heard of/tried drinking tart cherry juice before or after working out? This study found that doing so may reduce muscle soreness. I figured I'd give it a shot and since I usually drink my creatine with grape juice, I might as well switch to cherry. Do yall think this is a good idea or are cherries too acidic to be effectively mixed with creatine? Thanks in advance. :)

2. Cholan Dynasty

Cholan Dynasty der Weltmeister

As far as recovery is concerned, some guys on Sherdog say good things about lemon juice and/or vinegar.

With respect to cherry juice, it could be the sugar, a placebo effect, or a combination of the two. With regard to taking cherry juice with creatine you might want to try something that isn't loaded with garbage like high fructose corn syrup and take your creatine with some (better) carbs such as agave nectar or trehalose.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430824&highlight=vinegar

3. Cholan Dynasty

Cholan Dynasty der Weltmeister

4. Drewski

Drewski New Member

what kind of cherry juice do you get that has HFCS? most juices (not juice "drinks") in general are just the fruit juice (which has fructose, not HFCS)

5. :|

:| Guest

get your cherry juice at a health food store...its one of those faddy drinks like pomegranate, goji, etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.