MMA Cheick Kongo Talks About Velasquez, Intentionally Fouling Cro Cop & More

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/0609/417232/cheick_kongo/index.shtml

Cheick Kongo Talks About Velasquez, Intentionally Fouling Cro Cop & More

By Mike Calimbas | June 09, 2009
    [​IMG]

UFC heavyweight contender Cheick Kongo spoke with UFC.com and Fighters Only Magazine prior to his bout with Cain Velasquez this Saturday at UFC 99, in what is being viewed by many as a precursor to a shot at the heavyweight championship. However, despite being near the top of the totem pole in the heavyweight division, Kongo remains humble.

“I don’t think I am a 'star', I am not that type of person,” Kongo told UFC.com. “But to be recognized and have people like you is a good thing, a great vibe. I am friends with Michael Bisping and he has great support in England and people say France is becoming like that for me. So if I can help MMA in France I am happy to. It is a great pleasure to have French people supporting me.”

Kongo then turned his attention to the undefeated Cain Velasquez, a fight he accepted on short notice, replacing the injured Heath Herring. He noted that he would have to fight Velasquez down the line anyways, on the road to the title, so why not fight him now?

“I only had three weeks to prepare but that is okay,” Kongo stated. “I am always in shape, always. I go the gym two times a day, every day, even if I do not have a fight. When in training I am doing eight hours a day split into four sessions. I am a fighter and I was ready to fight. The only thing is we haven’t much time for strategy, but neither has he because he was supposed to fight Heath Herring. Whoever wins, wins because he is the best fighter on the night. That will be the only reason.”

As for his opponent, Kongo doesn't like his chances.

“He is a respectful fighter, but it is gonna be tough for him to fight me at this stage of his career,” said Kongo. “He needs heart to beat me. Lots of heart. He needs to be very careful. He can be very good, I have heard, but I am not too concerned. He should be the one worried. If I was his manager I wouldn’t want my fighter to fight someone like me so soon.”

Kongo plans on sticking to what brought him to the dance – his kickboxing. He would rather win by TKO or KO than a submission or decision. However, if the opportunity comes for a submission, he would take it but he wants to go through it the easy way. Kongo obviously wants a title shot, but stopped short of demanding one after this fight. He does feel that a win over Cain Velasquez would put him that much closer. “Maybe I am going to get a shot after this fight,” he said. “I hope to hear something good after I win this fight. But you never know. I don’t make the rules on these things. I thought I was close before, but all I can do is fight and keep winning and training. I am more confident than ever. I am doing things in my fights that I have done in the gym (for a while) and am getting better. I think I will be UFC Heavyweight Champion, yes.”

Kongo then goes on to mention that he would want a rematch with the returning Mirko Cro Cop only if Cro Cop were the champion, otherwise he is not a priority for him. Kongo did admit that his last errant knee to Cro Cop's groin during their fight at UFC 75: Champion vs. Champion in September of 2007 was, in fact, not an accident.

"The last knee to the balls wasn't an accident," Kongo admitted. "He was complaining about different knees to his balls, but they weren't to his balls, they were to the inside of his legs and that upset me.

"But of course, I apologized for that, but when you fight, you have to fight like a man."

[y]5C6Z9lj5BRc&e[/y]

apparently, Kongo can tell when his knees make contact with nuts vs. the inside of the leg :hsugh:

2. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

yeah that video had a pretty big thread on sherdog. Fuck Kongo for intentionally hitting somebody in the nuts

3. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:rofl: I was reading the whole thing and thinking, "God damn, I really like Kongo now, he's a respectful dude."
    and then he admits to purposely hitting CC in the balls. If I was the commission i'd change that ruling to a DQ just for him being a fuck stick.

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

it really is bullshit, he should get an automatic point deduction in the next fight where he knees a guy in the groin

also I agree with checkii, he should maybe get a DQ for his fight with Cro Cop as well

5. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

He purposely fouled Al-Turk also. He is a piece of shit

6. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

I hate this fuck

I can't believe he has any fans.

I hope Cain beats the black out of him.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

they're French

:rofl:

8. MySunRoofWorks

MySunRoofWorks INCONCEIVABLE!

Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on th
    :rofl: intentionally kneeing an opponent in the balls is "Fighting like a man." Velasquez will take him down at will. Brown Pride baby! :bigthumb:

9. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

wow what a cocksucker. Both the crocop and al turk fights should be dq

10. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I read up until "I am friends with Michael Bisping" and that gives me enough cause to call him a cocksucker.

11. SaviouR

SaviouR Dallas - Choke City :(

Here's to hoping that Cain gives him a biblical ass beating.

12. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl: I fucking called that shit too and no one believed me. It totally looked fucking intentionally although I believe him when he said Crocop was falsely accusing him though. Doesn't give you the right to knee someone in the balls and especially that hard intentionally. I like the honesty, but that's a douche bag move.

13. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

Fuck Kongo for intentionally hitting somebody in the nuts

14. SaviouR

SaviouR Dallas - Choke City :(

Here's to hoping we get a ref that's like Yuji Shimada too.

15. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

i think kongo is a mad dirty fighter and takes advantage of the ufc refs who wont take a point from him.

16. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

:roflw:

17. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

bloody frenchman

18. AnoesisX

AnoesisX New Member

Seems like black guys (overeem, kongo) are attracted to cro cops balls.

19. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

Kongo is such a little bitch, I can't wait to see him get destroyed by Cain.

He intentionally kneed Al Turk in the nuts too. Hopefully Velasquez gets a couple of clean groin shots in before the TKO stoppage.

20. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

. to pretty much all the posts in here.

He is a dirty fighter and there is no speculation there because he is shamelessly open about it. When he blasted Al-Turk in the babymaker I thought 'here we go, Crocop all over again'. Only Al-Turk folded quicker than CC, but Velasquez is going to drop this asshole in the first round. Count on it.

21. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

There is nothing I would love to see more than Konga totally out cold. Pure satisfaction.

22. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

i want to see Crocop get sweet revenge on Kongo but i think the outcome will still be the same :hs:

23. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

speaking of which, what is overeem's ethnicity? i know his nationality is dutch, but i've read different stuff about his ethnicity

24. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

wow he sucks

25. Supertrapped

Supertrapped President of 2:73

Bunch of faggots in this thread:rofl:

I really like Kongo:cool: