Checking out LA Fitness tonight - deals on membership?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fahrfrumlosin, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahrfrumlosin

fahrfrumlosin OT Supporter

After nearly 1.5years of getting fat and losing out on my workout - I decided I will check out the local LA fitness near my new place. I was wondering if there are any special deals going on. How much is good $/mo membership?

I don't mind a 1-2 year contract.

Initiation fees? Processing fees?

2. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

i'm in PA
    mine was 99 down ( i think) and 34.99 a month
    sometimes they have special deals if u wait around. like my gf is now on my plan and pays 34.99 with no obligations and can stay on for as long as she wants...

3. fahrfrumlosin

COOL THANKS!

I just signed up, $34.99 and $99 down, month-to-month as well - tried to beat the hell outta them to waive the registration fee but they wouldnt budge, we went back and forth for 30min. I almost got up and left but remembered I used to pay NYSC $80/mo and $120 down. YIKES!

4. Duncan

Duncan Guest

I use LA Fitness in Mt Laurel. Just dont go between 5pm and 8pm on weekdays. Fucking nightmare. I pay $35 a month but I think I got hooked up cause im military.

5. Blue Leaves

Blue Leaves Active Member

the LA fitness here is charging the exact same as whats been posted. 34.99/month with i think 100 bucks down. i only pay 18 though :)

6. fahrfrumlosin

I swear, getting a new gym membership is like buying a car - have to deal with a shitty salesman, then his general manager lol, then argue and threaten to walk out till your happy.

7. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

That is the standard rate for LA Fitness in the Seattle area and around Atlanta. Some may try to make it sound like you are getting a deal at that rate (oh, we just had another guy who hasn't come back and I was saving this deal for him but I'll give it to you instead of the $200 down and $45/month).

I told them I'll pay $50 down and $30/month. If they take the deal then I'll pay for the first year in advance. They took it...just remember they should be able to make deals with you and I do believe they work on commission. [a co-worker paid nothing down and just pays $34.99/month on a month to month basis].

8. fahrfrumlosin

Details?? I'm sure he paid that $34.99/mo * 36 mo in advance!!

9. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

No he didn't. I wasn't able to swing the $0 down deal he did but I also think he ended up talking to the GM and not a salesperson...the GM probably gains no commission as their bonuses would [most likely] relate to how many people are signed up in total.

10. fahrfrumlosin

I spoke to the salesman then the GM for about 30min, back and forth, threatened to leave several times, told them Ill just go to ihop, go online and print up a free pass and come back and use the gym. He still wouldnt budge.

11. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Did you leave your phone number with them?

If so, expect a call in maybe a couple of days and see if they are ready to deal...unless they just have that much business.

12. ohgod123

ohgod123 OT Supporter

i got mine for 29.99 no start up or cancelation fee, if you're easily swayed just call in and just be like "let me talk to your manager" etc. basically i went back and forth and got the homie to wave the 150 start up fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.