check printing software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by keleko, Oct 7, 2005.

1. keleko

keleko yes, he is

looks like the right forum to ask in....

need something to print out checls on my printer at home, i don't wanna pay teh bank for a block of checks that i'll only use 3-4 a month

tried checkMAN and "check printing software 2000" - neither are any good for what i want/need

alternatives? freebies? links to download ones that req. a serial? (i'll get a serial of my own if needed, but need link to the app itself) plugins to office maybe? (googled for that and found diddly)

2. sparq

sparq New Member

I was going to say CheckMAN... I use it, but you say it wont work for you so im not really sure.

Doesnt like quick books or whatever have check printing?

3. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

uhh. you got a micr printer at home?

4. keleko

keleko yes, he is

don't need it

only thing you need on a check is your details, name and city/st of bank, routing number, and account number
    plus your actual signature of course

the magnetic ink is only there to help the machines read your account info faster
    if it's not magnetic, or if you de-magnetize it, the system will kick it out for manual processing
    this is somewhat of a good idea if you're paying bills, make them work for their money

i COULD hand-write a check on the back of a mcdonald's napkin at Sak's if i wanted to and they'd have to take it as legal payment :mamoru:

5. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

pretty much any laser printer can use micr toner so it wouldnt even be that hard to get one. its not too much more expensive either. i fill ink and toner cartridges btw :).

6. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

hmm. whatever works. all i know is EVERY check printer we use is micr. we used cashman in the day and now we use another program i will tell you in person, but it's deprecated as well so you may not care